Targets in 2009?

Most people tend to forget about the little corps as I seemingly have too. I realized that I haven't heard ANYTHING from this corps since they canceled their tour to finals during the 08 summer. I remember around this time last year they put up a billion and a half posts on DCP advertising their open house dates. And now... nothing? Their website is never updated either. Any word at all? Did New England just get hosed from another open class drum corps? Down to just Spartans, 7th Regiment, and Citations? Seems I'm jumping to conclusions... but i am just expecting the worst after they had to cancel their tour mid season.

The Board of Directors will be meeting next Wednesday to decide what the Targets will actually do in 2009. It will be a hard decision to make since some of the Board has been with the corps since it was reorganized in 1995. Do we go inactive, do we fold, do we start another type of program,etc?

We have a group of returnees and we have those that want to go onto bigger and better things. Also, there were many who were upset about the '08 tour and just walked away from the organization.

So until next week...................

We have a group of returnees and we have those that want to go onto bigger and better things. Also, there were many who were upset about the '08 tour and just walked away from the organization.

I'm not the most informed person when it comes to Targets.....did something happen last season?

Hope to see you on the field in 09!

The Board of Directors will be meeting next Wednesday to decide what the Targets will actually do in 2009. It will be a hard decision to make since some of the Board has been with the corps since it was reorganized in 1995. Do we go inactive, do we fold, do we start another type of program,etc?

So until next week...................

Please don't fold.... :happy:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FYI: The TARGETS & EXCELSIOR Drum & Bugle Corps have formed an alliance and are going DCA - Class A this 2009 season.

Some of the TARGETS had already come to EXCELSIOR ~ so the alliance was a great way to make it a reality.

The show - ROBIN HOOD

TARGETS first official rehearsal date with EXCELSIOR is 3/1 - Where they will be welcomed and encouraged when stepping into the various lines of the corps and where they will be excited to see friendly faces of those who have already come.

EXCELSIOR is really looking forward to this season and to our new friends of THE TARGETS !

EXCELSIOR would also like to remind those of you who have aged out ~ That EXCELSIOR is an all aged corps.

and EXCELSIOR would like to invite you to attend the first practice of the TARGETS And EXCELSIOR - No strings just come check out the show.... say hi to some old friends ~ People from the Springfield and Pittsfield areas will be leaving to attend practice at 8 am - So if you would like to follow down let us know and we will tell you where the meeting location is.

Thank you -

Donel Mysliwiec - DIRECTOR

EXCELSIOR D& BC

excelsiordrumajor@gmail.com

Most people tend to forget about the little corps as I seemingly have too. I realized that I haven't heard ANYTHING from this corps since they canceled their tour to finals during the 08 summer. I remember around this time last year they put up a billion and a half posts on DCP advertising their open house dates. And now... nothing? Their website is never updated either. Any word at all? Did New England just get hosed from another open class drum corps? Down to just Spartans, 7th Regiment, and Citations? Seems I'm jumping to conclusions... but i am just expecting the worst after they had to cancel their tour mid season.

FYI: The TARGETS & EXCELSIOR Drum & Bugle Corps have formed an alliance and are going DCA - Class A this 2009 season.

EXCELSIOR would also like to remind those of you who have aged out ~ That EXCELSIOR is an all aged corps.

and EXCELSIOR would like to invite you to attend the first practice of the TARGETS And EXCELSIOR - No strings just come check out the show.... say hi to some old friends ~

There's a lot of publicity going around here now. Are you now called THE TARGETS & EXCELSIOR, or are you just EXCELSIOR?