What if you owe tuition money ?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you owe tuition money from last year? Can you audition for another corps? someone asked me that today and said there may be some rule that corps "a" has the right to collect before you can go to corps "b"?

whatever the situation. . .tuition to one corps should be paid before spending money on tuition of another.

Tis true as far as I know. DCI corps at least (not sure of DCA or other circuits).

I'm pretty sure that by mutual agreement DCI requires any previous debts to a corps to be paid in full before you can transfer.

Yup. Within the same summer season, as you probably know, under DCI rules, and they do check, the answer is certainly, No, one cannot switch without paying off all the money he owes, or without being excused by Corps A. DCI caught on to this game a long time ago.

Over two years, not sure, but I still think it's likely No, especially if Corps A realizes the ex-member is trying to do this, and if Corps A knows to get in touch with Corps B, or if Corps B checks with DCI first.

And, c'mon, it certainly should be No, by any moral standard, no matter what justification the person asking may think he has.

Not to get all holier-than-thou, but the right answer is: settle up, before trying to move on. What corps would want to take on any potential member who didn't understand this?

Edited by Peel Paint

Sure you can go to another corps auditions.

But its not cool to pay tuition for another corps before you even finish off tuition from last year's corps.

You don't go to a restaurant and only pay 70% of the check.

I think I was just asking if this was a rule, how it is enforced etc. What if someone was in a smaller open class corps in 07 didn't pay all and then went on to world class 08 . Does the World Class ask if you are paid up from 07 ? What if it slips by and come mid june at a show the opne class director says - Hey that guy owes us $$$$. What do they do ?

I think it's pretty obvious what the right thing to do is.

What if you owe tuition money from last year? Can you audition for another corps? someone asked me that today and said there may be some rule that corps "a" has the right to collect before you can go to corps "b"?

Your friend fails, whoever he is.

If I were a corps director and you still owed money to another corps, I wouldn't take you. What says you're going to pay us?