What can all corps fans agree on?

It's a worthwhile youth activity.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That it's never the kids' fault.

Drum Corps sucks, but only people inside the bubble understand the meaning of it. You can't teach it. You have to live it, then it all becomes worth it.

Drum Corps sucks, but only people inside the bubble understand the meaning of it. You can't teach it. You have to live it, then it all becomes worth it.

I believe that fans and volunteers get a fairly good understanding of the camaraderie and sense of the experience. We wouldn't have drum corps without them.

Being inside the bubble does give one a sense that is difficult to convey, but our fans are among our most important assets. Without them, the corps members have no reason to perform.

I've been on all sides...performer, instructor, arranger, journalist, PR, etc. (except management) and some of the experiences where I've felt closest to the activity and the performers were when I was a member of the audience.

Drum corps fans wouldn't be fans if the activity wasn't as entertaining as it is. No matter what you like, you can hear/see it come to life right in front of your eyes on a football field. Pretty cool, eh?

I think the most important part of drum corps is the bond that is created between the individuals participating. I think all fans would agree that it is very visible when a group really clicks, and has that emotional connection within the organization that definitely is portrayed to the audience.