Good Luck Capital Regiment

Wow, you are one classy guy. If there was ever a rude comment on this board... its this one right here. Let me tell you, you're a true champion. If anyone was following your argument and agreeing with you full-heartedly... they totally just got turned off. Champion debater right here ladies and gents.

You are right. I was a champion. Not debater though.. just DCI

Indirectly telling a first time marching member in the activity that he will be embarrassed this summer is probably the lowest thing that could happen on this board.

If I wanted to say what you are inferring than I would just go out and say it directly.

That is how I read your post. Shame on you. I feel bad for the people who used to march with you. It probably wasn't a pleasant experience for any them.

Shame on you for pretending to know anything about me or anyone I marched with. See how this works?

As a side note, it will be exciting to see the direction that Cap Reg goes in whether it is World Class or Open Class (which the news article on dci.org hinted towards).

You are excited. I am hopeful but also skeptical. If I were a parent of a kid marching drum corps I would be asking these same questions.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from the DCI webpage:

According to Mark Arnold, chairman of the Executive Board “When Drum Corps International convenes its annual business meeting in January, the Board of Directors expects to recommend the Cascades for participation as a World Class corps on the 2009 Summer Tour to the full voting membership. We also expect to recommend the Capital Regiment for participation as an Open Class unit, where they can reestablish their program with their intention of an eventual return to World Class operations. Both of these corps are utilizing the resources established by the Participation Review process to convert organizational deficiencies into strengths and to offer their members the exceptional experience of membership in a Drum Corps International corps.”

Good, you would be a responsible parent... almost...

...if you were a parent of a marching member you also would never throw comments out there that seemingly insult kids and where they choose to march.

Well, that works both ways...

If I were a responsible parent of marching member I would tell them to steer clear of Capital Regiment until I knew for sure they got their stuff worked out.

Glad you pointed this out. From the article you posted:

We also expect to recommend the Capital Regiment for participation as an Open Class unit, where they can reestablish their program with their intention of an eventual return to World Class operations.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the open class forums?

UN-FREAKING-BELIVABLE!!!!! I mostly only lurk around here anymore, not affiliated with CR in the least, but this is just out of hand!!! You may have done a fair job of hiding your true feelings in prior posts, but in this response you have completely revealed yourself and your true intentions!!

YOU, a DCI Champion?!?!? When 2015?!?! Because you're pretty much acting like a 10 yr. old with that last comment. You are not concerned for them at all, you just want to rip on them (or the director at least), and were hiding behind that loose argument about 'transparency'.

Why is anyone even entertaining this guy anymore?

Roosevelt, you might as well just drop it and start up a new screen name if you want to be held with any regard around here in the future . . . right now you are inside a very deep hole that you dug for yourself, and any good will you may feel you built up in this community thought your support of the Troopers is now gone.

Un . . . be . . . livable . . .

To the young people that are interested in participating with Capital Regiment for the 2009 season...

Drum corps is a wonderful activity for young people. I for one am excited about the return of drum corps to central Ohio. I believe those of you that decide to audition for this corps will find a staff and leadership team that is determined to provide you with an educational, rewarding and FUN drum corps experience. I believe this can be achieved at either the World or Open class level. I trust DCI to place the corps in the class that will provide them with the best opportunity to be successful in 2009.

It would be disappointing to hear that someone decided to NOT participate with this corps (or any corps) simply because of some negative posts on this forum.

Capital Regiment provided many kids with a wonderful experience for many years. Yes, there were problems during the 2006 season, but I believe the two years off have been in part to help make sure some of those problems are not repeated.

I would encourage any kids (and parents) that are interested in joining a drum corps check things out for yourself. Go to their December camp and make your own decision based on your own experience.

Good luck Capital Regiment and Cascades. It will be nice to have you back.

UN-FREAKING-BELIVABLE!!!!! I mostly only lurk around here anymore, not affiliated with CR in the least, but this is just out of hand!!! You may have done a fair job of hiding your true feelings in prior posts, but in this response you have completely revealed yourself and your true intentions!!

My true intentions? I have no idea what they are except to have discussion on here. I do wish Capital well. I do have issues with their director. I think those two things go hand in hand, becuase i believe that he stands in the way of them doing well.

YOU, a DCI Champion?!?!?

Yup..

Why is anyone even entertaining this guy anymore?

Well you sure are. so you tell me.

Roosevelt, you might as well just drop it and start up a new screen name if you want to be held with any regard around here in the future . . . right now you are inside a very deep hole that you dug for yourself, and any good will you may feel you built up in this community thought your support of the Troopers is now gone.

I could care less if you hold me for any regard on here. Also, my only association with the troopers now is that I am a fan and related to a member of the troopers. I am also related to someone that marched in CR.... that may explain some things

Whether or not you agree with what I was saying... this thread is in the wrong forum.

Since DCI has said they expect to recommend Capital Regiment for participation at the January meeting, you can be sure they have looked at and worked with the organization to make sure they are ready to hit the field. This is a huge quality control step that potential members and parents can take stock in. Being recommended for participation says “We have examined the organization and wholeheartedly believe the organization is viable.”

While this step is very important to establishing organizational credibility, it would be of benefit for Capital Regiment to not only talk about what they have done to shore up their operations (like moving to chartered coaches, solidifying their financial positions, etc.) with the potential members and parents that walk through their doors, but talk publicly about their changes. This would be a very positive PR and marketing move.

I know Capital Regiment hopes to complete in world class with a full tour with lots of shows. It really doesn’t matter which class and how many shows they get. Members will have an incredible drum corps experience regardless in which class they compete with and how extensive their tour is.

Good luck Capital Regiment 2009! It will be good to see you back on the field!

Edited by btracht

The hyper-defensiveness isn't doing the corps any favors. What Bryan said is right, that expectation from DCI does say a lot of good about their current state. But, CR has a big dark cloud over it, and for good reason. Rather than making insinuations about someone's intentions or thoughts, everyone needs to understand that a lot of people are going to be suspicious of them until they see real evidence that things have changed for the better in their management.