*OFFICIAL* 2009 BRIGADIERS Thread

cone256

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi VOReason-

I believe that Tom was implying that the Brigs should release their brass staff budget from the championship corps'. That would be my guess there. During the Bucs run here there has not really been any discussion of them buying championships similar to the chat that was around during our success. Having been on those championship brass staffs and knowing all of your guys down at Bucs, it is safe to say that your folks are not getting the same amount of money as the Brigs guys did- that's why I think Tom was referencing the Brigs with the staff budget thing. The Bucs have developed a local staff of highly qualified teachers with the addition of a great mentor in Gino and fantastic mind with Bocook. That is the reason for their success.... if you look closely, almost every corps is following that trend with local staff that are employed in the world of education- usually as band directors.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...... tuba christmas, this Saturday, let me know if you want in.... or as Jean LeBlanc pointed out in an email yeasterday.... ophicleide christmas!!! :thumbup:

No, I wasn't implying that the Brigs should release their brass staff budget from back in the day. (But let me tell ya - it was Outrageous... so was the Visual Staff budget, and the catering service budget, and the sports psychologist budget, and the travelling vintner, and the exfoliating salt rub budget, etc.)

Don't let VOReason fool ya, he (or she) is very smart and very slick... VOReason (if that IS your real name) very smoothly and underhandedly implied that the Brigs hired Pete Blake cuz they're taking the cheap route. I happen to know that isn't true and to say it was would be unfair to Pete.

Like I said, VOReason's whole schtick is that the Bucs are great, everyone else s&*ks, and the Brigs' rings aren't legit because they were the by-product of big bucks. Because... (here comes the sarcasm) the Bucs staff works for free and sleeps on the gym floor in Medina and fixes the buses and mans the chuck wagon.

That said... Pete needs to be a little careful. His original post seemed to imply that he has figured out something that Wayne Downey couldn't. That's a tough sell. But I'll still have your back against VOReason's vicious attacks (okay, the "vicious" part was a sarcastic too).

I'm wondering just what the noticeable difference in writing is? Is the sound you're producing anywhere near the quality of your previous Championship years with Wayne arranging? I'd say not. The only reason I'm still continuing with this thread is because not only is your arranger gloating, but you've changed the direction of the Brigadiers from jazz to "cadet-style" music. The Brigadiers have always been known for their jazz and Blue Devils stlye, at least since they started winning. From your signature, it seems you are still new with only a year of drum corps under your belt. You have more experience playing drum corps than your arranger has in writing for drum corps. It should be an interesting year.

By no means am I trying to "attack" this corps at all. I have always liked the Brigadiers...but you are the only corps with a new arranger who is gloating when he has proved nothing yet. Let's wait till July to walk the walk.

Good luck this upcoming season Brigs

I hope the very best for Pete as he moves into the arranging business. I also know that he is a very smart young man, that has payed attention to the people he has studied under. He has looked at Wayne's charts, my stuff, Jay Bocook's stuff, and others while he waiting for his chance to be the arranger.

We all got our first chance from someone after all.

Good luck Peter and the Brigs. Pete was my high school drum major and student at Eastridge HS in the 90's. He also followed me to the Brigs when I left Empire. How could I not want him to succeed as the arranger for this year?

Donny

Hi VOReason-

I believe that Tom was implying that the Brigs should release their brass staff budget from the championship corps'. That would be my guess there. During the Bucs run here there has not really been any discussion of them buying championships similar to the chat that was around during our success. Having been on those championship brass staffs and knowing all of your guys down at Bucs, it is safe to say that your folks are not getting the same amount of money as the Brigs guys did- that's why I think Tom was referencing the Brigs with the staff budget thing. The Bucs have developed a local staff of highly qualified teachers with the addition of a great mentor in Gino and fantastic mind with Bocook. That is the reason for their success.... if you look closely, almost every corps is following that trend with local staff that are employed in the world of education- usually as band directors.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...... tuba christmas, this Saturday, let me know if you want in.... or as Jean LeBlanc pointed out in an email yeasterday.... ophicleide christmas!!! :thumbup:

Bingo! (no pun intended). Frankly, and contrary to the opinions of certain anal retentive horse's derrieres, I could give a rat's buttocks about how much the Brig's staff was paid during their championship years. My point in THIS thread was the fact that any band director, music major or regular Joe with some theory smarts can write an acceptable brass book for a drum corps. The instruments share the same tonal color and are all in the same key. This is NOT rocket science folks!! So if you want to pay Wayne Downey the "big bucks" for the sake of having his "name" on your roster, then be my guest. But if you think you are getting something magical and mystical compared to the product you can receive from your local band director (at a greatly reduced price), be sure to say hello to Santa Claus for me.....

Bingo! (no pun intended). Frankly, and contrary to the opinions of certain anal retentive horse's derrieres, I could give a rat's buttocks about how much the Brig's staff was paid during their championship years. My point in THIS thread was the fact that any band director, music major or regular Joe with some theory smarts can write an acceptable brass book for a drum corps. The instruments share the same tonal color and are all in the same key. This is NOT rocket science folks!! So if you want to pay Wayne Downey the "big bucks" for the sake of having his "name" on your roster, then be my guest. But if you think you are getting something magical and mystical compared to the product you can receive from your local band director (at a greatly reduced price), be sure to say hello to Santa Claus for me.....

The true fun in message board jousting is to keep the thread alive long enough for the person you're jousting with to implode... so VOReason, read your first post in this thread, and then read your last post, and then go double up on your Thorazine©

The true fun in message board jousting is to keep the thread alive long enough for the person you're jousting with to implode... so VOReason, read your first post in this thread, and then read your last post, and then go double up on your Thorazine©
Obviously your panties have bunched up SO much that they have cut off the circulation to your brain. My original posting in this thread was in response to a comment made by a gentlemen who said that he hoped the Brigs hornline would be able to tell the difference between the charts of this years arranger compared to those of Mr. Downey's. My reply was meant to to be taken that if they could not tell the difference, that would a good thing since obviously the current arranger's charts are just as good. And IF the Brigs are saving money in the process...Hey, it's a Win-Win situation. Now get yourself a pair of scissors and cut those thongs from around your neck....BTW folks, who would have thought this would have morphed into such an entertaining thread!! Thanks Tommy! Edited by VOReason

Obviously your panties have bunched up SO much that they have cut off the circulation to your brain. My original posting in this thread was in response to a comment made by a gentlemen who said that he hoped the Brigs hornline would be able to tell the difference between the charts of this years arranger compared to those of Mr. Downey's. My reply was meant to to be taken that if they could not tell the difference, that would a good thing since obviously the current arranger's charts are just as good. And IF the Brigs are saving money in the process...Hey, it's a Win-Win situation. Now get yourself a pair of scissors and cut those thongs from around your neck....BTW folks, who would have thought this would have morphed into such an entertaining thread!! Thanks Tommy!

Wow, your last two posts made reference to panties, thongs, and an "anal rententive horses derriere" ... So, aside from revealing that you obviously suffered a sick, twisted potty training mishap at the hands of psychotic farmhands, you've also proven that you're one of those posters who has to have the last say.

So I'm going to take a BIG risk here and STOP posting on what is SUPPOSED to be a thread for Brigs members to share THEIR thoughts.

You win VOReason... and please, get that looked at.