Bass Drums...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The On The Lot DVD just went on sale on DCI.org and the trailer should be up soon (you can find it on youtube under "DCI parking lot"...in hi-res too!). There are some killer bass coverage in the video. Very sweet if you ask me.

http://store.dci.org/On_The_Lot_The_Show_B..._Th_P3343C1.cfm

Enjoy

Note to administrators: The Youtube reference is to a promotional video that I hold the copyright to.

No Bluecoats? It's ok, their percussion has SUCKED since 05...

Bass drummers are just guys who got cut from the snare line when they were in high school. Really just a bunch of dudes with no chops who need to split up the snare part because they can't play all the notes by themselves.

Love,

A snare drummer

</sarcasm>

Stop the handbell junk start your own topic this is for BASSES ONLY !!!!!!!!! :thumbup: hence RUDIMAN .

bass drummers rule. You want to see something funny, watch a snare line try to do a simple bass part. then again, the best bass line I ever marched in had three snare drummers in it.

Regards,

John

Back when I was 15 years old as a rookie, I thought that the snare's had an awesome split as part of their book while the bassline was rehearsing on snare pads. I was fairly new, so I didn't know any of the drumline. I thought it was awesome though, lol.

even though I've always been some sort of brass player, I secretly wanted to play bass drum.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the field.

My nephew has chops on piano, guitars, and drumset. He got drafted by his HS band and spent a season lugging around Bass 4.

Now he has decided that he really likes the sound of the horns better. I shipped him a spare baritone horn 2 weeks ago, and he plans to try for SCVC.

Charlie Poole, 2000 DCA Finals, at the end of Mars for the Reading Bucs:

"bass drums, good God...those are some mammoth moments out there"

when someone like him gives it up, that says it all.

Split parts are impressive and cool to listen to, but hearing a #1or2 bass doubling the snare part with mallets and no assist from gravity is amazing.

refer to 2000/2001 Cadets

Split parts are impressive and cool to listen to, but hearing a #1or2 bass doubling the snare part with mallets and no assist from gravity is amazing.

refer to 2000/2001 Cadets

HAHA!!! True.