Youtube Policy needs to GO AWAY!

SCVsopAaron

Youtube Ban  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of banning youtube links on DCP?

• Yes
    • No

As long as it's within TOS, it's within my rights.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCP Moderation factoid #1 (of eleventy billion + two): whereas most moderation teams just issue user bans from a "ban hammer", DCP actually uses a banhammer and a bansickle.

100px-Symbol-hammer-and-sickle.svg.png

Drum Corps Planet: Есть человек, есть проблема. Нет человека, нет проблемы.

:whip:

disclaimer: the above is intended for humorous purposes only. Offer void in Guam and American Samoa. Offer may be rescinded due to Cavaliers 2003 guard uniform threads on DCP, a piece of peanut brittle I found, or by watching a "Little People, Big World" marathon on TLC. For shizzle.

:whip:

You are my hero!

I'm curious as to why you have such a big problem with him posting a link/graphic in his sig? Um, it's totally w/in TOS... I mean, heck, if I created an alternate universe DCP and put the link in my sig, it's within my right, right?

Also, I think the whole "sue first" mentality is going away, ESPECIALLY with regards to IP like youtube, bitorrent, etc... That stuff is used by a LARGE portion of our society and it has been embraced by the mainstream. I expect those laws to go away sooner than later as the younger generations get into positions of power. Technology is moving too fast for the laws to keep up and be relevant...

i have no problem with his link. but in essence, he is using DCP for free advertising yet complaining about how it is run. if DCP wanted to be ######, they could tell him to take his link and shove it, but they don't....so dont bite that hand that feeds you is what I am saying.

As long as it's within TOS, it's within my rights.

and they decide the TOS, and they can and have changed every so often.

and they decide the TOS, and they can and have changed every so often.

Duh.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I'm curious as to why you have such a big problem with him posting a link/graphic in his sig? Um, it's totally w/in TOS... I mean, heck, if I created an alternate universe DCP and put the link in my sig, it's within my right, right?

Well within your right to post it, but it would be removed.

The linkage to websites considered to be direct competitors of DCP.net is not allowed in any manner on our site, other than in our CorpsPortal link database. Such linkage is not allowed in our forums, user profiles or signatures, and will be removed.

Well within your right to post it, but it would be removed.

See, I knew that all along... So that's NOT in the TOS... lol

TOUCHÉ!

Bawker's listed as banned???wow i go away for 48 hours and miss all the fun

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Bawker's listed as banned???wow i go away for 48 hours and miss all the fun

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. . .issue with the website.

I know, I know . . .I ruined the "See ya!" parade everyone had planned. :tongue: