Oldest Drum Corps Videos

Hey scott I will keep that in mind we are trying to keep as low of a cost as possible. I have a board meeting monday so I will bring it up. I recently got the Appleton History musem to accept the Americanos as being part of the musem. The Americanos organization is 74 years old, so its only right for the history of the corps to be preserved. Thank you for your offer, I will bring that up.

"Not The Oldest":

But probably still of some interest are the 1961 & 1962 re-releases of the Hawthorne Caballeros Washington Redskins football games halftimes, the Casper Troopers at the 1967 Sugar Bowl, and the old Chicago Cavaliers reel-to-video "Tour" from 1966. DC 5-6-7 had some videos of St Kevins & the Caimbridge Caballeros, as well as the CYO Championships from the early 1960s. No doubt there are plenty more "Oldies" out there. :tongue:

Elphaba

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get sound from the 20's or did you add that yourself...

No, it's the sound from the original film. Although the first feature-length film with sound was Jolson's in 1927, sound-on-film started several years earlier and I believe it was demonstrated in a theater as early as 1923. Plus I just realized my typo - the actual date was 1928.

Edited by scottgordon

No, it's the sound from the original film. Although the first feature-length film with sound was Jolson's in 1927, sound-on-film started several years earlier and I believe it was demonstrated in a theater as early as 1923. Plus I just realized my typo - the actual date was 1928.

Scott is that from the parade or actual field competition? Have some charts from 1930 and always wondered what a valveless corps sounded like.

elphaba01: I converted those Cabs shows to DVD format so I could see on the TV screen. :help:

And Rabbit :tongue::devil::smile:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Which was the typo - the field show (1926) or Al Jolson (1927)?