Show Announcements

Wow um ok I didn't mean to cause such a stir just by asking a question, but I guess it's my initiation into DCP huh? :laughing:

Anyways, I am sure there are a lot more people more knowledgeable than me about what Corps' are doing what music, I just don't like to say "Corps A is doing this specific music for certain" until I hear directly from the Corps itself. Yes you are probably right about their show title and music and have better information than me, but it's just the way I am. No matter what the show I am still gonna cheer the Regiment till my throat revolts and goes on strike and refuses to work anymore!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all of the Corps' this summer and I look forward to seeing as many as I can and cheering on these great musicians!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's EXACTLY what I've been trying to say this entire time! Thank you!

welcome to dcp

don't think of how they sound with an American accent...think of how they sound with Brandt Crocker's voice!

Yeah, but Brandt also mispronounced Madison's show name this past year, all three nights at IU if I'm not mistaken. La Nock instead of La No-chey

Man, this is shaping up to be a great season. I just wanna hear Crown's announcement since it'll probably end up being my favorite show of the summer anyway...

I heard they are going to sample portions of "In Pursuit Of Happiness" and "This I Believe" :laughing::huh2:

Hi everyone! New here and just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed lurking over the past few weeks getting to know alot about the board and stuff. Anyways back to the topic at hand....

If Phantom Regiment does decide to do a Red Violin or Carmen show as has been rumored, will anyone (besides me) still be anxious to see the show but also a little sad they aren't doing a 20th anniversary tribute to the New World show of '89? I can understand them not wanting to do it since they have just put another throwback show on the field with a salute to Spartacus but still......how awesome would an up to date Symphony No. 9 have been coming off a championship year?

Thanks for having me and hope I can contribute to the community in the future!!!!!

i have officially stated that if this happens that i would officially sever all ties with Phantom Regiment and DCI...and as you all should know, if I go, so goes DCI. i'm that important. ;)

Yeah, but Brandt also mispronounced Madison's show name this past year, all three nights at IU if I'm not mistaken. La Nock instead of La No-chey

Now before I say this, I love Brandt Crocker and all he had done with DCI. But is he starting to remind some of you of Curt Gowdy just a little? This along with last year's BD show announcement, I 've attended a couple of MU football games and some long time season tickets holders had shared with me some players who had been on the team for three years, he just could not get a handle on some of the player's names. My favorite one and I only recall hearing it once. "At quarterback, Daniel Chase". BTW, where's Joe Bruno when you need him?

On the CD for the Finals performance, it's "La No-chee." Which is wrong. I do love his announcing usually, but that just makes me frown when I hear it.

Edited by Stryfe

On the CD for the Finals performance, it's "La No-chee." Which is wrong. I do love his announcing usually, but that just makes me frown when I hear it.

on the contrary, i laughed every time i heard it