Who has something to prove in 2009?

So, does this mean you want them to be boring like several of the corps above them? Why does a corps have to play some obscure, non-sensical show to be seen as "mature" by so many on here? Personally, I would love to see more corps perform shows like Blue Stars' 08 show. Entertaining, understandable, and I could actually remember the music after leaving the stadium. Which is REALLY amazing, considering I sometimes cannot remember what I had for lunch :cool: .

This.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does this mean you want them to be boring like several of the corps above them? Why does a corps have to play some obscure, non-sensical show to be seen as "mature" by so many on here? Personally, I would love to see more corps perform shows like Blue Stars' 08 show. Entertaining, understandable, and I could actually remember the music after leaving the stadium. Which is REALLY amazing, considering I sometimes cannot remember what I had for lunch :cool: .

This is a little off topic, but IMO the Blue Stars audio is one of the most listenable recordings of last year's crop (one I like to listen to because it's music, not because it's drum corps).

This is a little off topic, but IMO the Blue Stars audio is one of the most listenable recordings of last year's crop (one I like to listen to because it's music, not because it's drum corps).

Also this.

I agree with that. I believe that the corps who don't use synths (Surf, SCV(?), Madison (?)) etc will be the fan favorites

there was a big thread on DCP about Madison using a synth this coming summer, it was on their audition info page.

but, to try to something on topic, using last years rankings...

Phantom - nothing to prove

BD/Cavies/Cadets - execute/design a little better to win

Crown - try and find some way to possibly stay in the top 4, but more realistically the top 5

Bloo/SCV - sneak into the top 5

Blue Stars - not fall off too far after a great year

BK/BAC/Glassmen - keep their place or move higher, 8th is a real possibility

Madison - move up into the 8-11 area

Crossmen - prove they have what it takes to finish the year strong getting back into Saturday night. They have dropped a place finals week something ridiculous like 5 years in a row

Colts/Spirit - regroup and make a push to get back in

Troopers - continue the climb

PC - keep being successful

Academy - be closer to 2007 than 2008

Mandarins - make a push for Friday night

Pioneer - don't listen to the haters

new corps... get down the road, find competitive success where they can, and keep doing what they did to move up.

hmmmmm

Phantom hasn\t even done vocals yet...

hmmmmm

I AM SPARTACUS

ummmm

they just did it the right way... that's all

Phantom hasn't done AMPLIFIED vocals yet is I think what they meant to say.

I hope they never do.

2005-2006-2007-2008, no?

well this might sound funny. but not everyone thought all of those shows were good. I would personally rather not see or hear 2005 again. Also not so fond of 2007. So I understand what he's saying.

As for the Scouts comments a few posts up....I agree with that as well. There just hasn't been that thing present that makes them who they are, and since the corps has always been my favorite, I hope they get to that point again soon.

Glassmen are not just an 11th place corps. They are going to come out and rockin and hopefuly not get gypped.

I dont think anyone HAS to, but i would say Blue Knights.

Every year i find them to be one of the most talented corps in terms of membership.

But as evidenced by the fact that nobody has mentioned them much here, they are hard as heck to remember!

As a teacher, i always tell kids "if you keep doing the same thing and it isnt working, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT"!

I appreciate being true to style, but i find it hard to believe that they cant keep thier style and get out of that middle to lower range of the field.

Put this phenomenal talent to use!

BD, dont change a thing!

I dont think anyone HAS to, but i would say Blue Knights.

Every year i find them to be one of the most talented corps in terms of membership.

But as evidenced by the fact that nobody has mentioned them much here, they are hard as heck to remember!

As a teacher, i always tell kids "if you keep doing the same thing and it isnt working, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT"!

I appreciate being true to style, but i find it hard to believe that they cant keep thier style and get out of that middle to lower range of the field.

Put this phenomenal talent to use!

BD, dont change a thing!

I literally just watched BK's 08 show. I thought it was cool, well the first half, I love Turbine. But seriously they have so much talent. I had a conversation with who I was sitting with finals night that they perform the heck out of their shows, and they do what they do very well, the talent is amazing, but they are boring!!!! 2005 was the last show from them that I can even remember most of. I also liked the first half of their 07 show... but they lose me halfway through their shows... thats no good. They are kind of the forgotten drum corps... it's sad. you don't here many kids saying, "I want to march Blue Knights!"