Empire Statesmen 2009 Kick Off!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to Canada, you better learn your notes. Because they won't let you back in.

If you tell Canadian Customs Agents that you're coming to the US to play for a drum corps, they'll say, "Oh yeah? Let's hear the Opener."

Just ask Juice.

That's the deal: Stop at Duty Free, prove to Customs that you know your notes, then proceed.

Tom, Tom, Tom........I read this last week and didn't catch the blooper. If you're coming back into the US, Canada customs couldn't care less. (They're maybe just happy you're leaving.......depending on who you are). In fact, you don't even stop at Canada Customs and Immigration...........

However, when you the to the US guys (INS), that's when the excitement starts. As Juice and many others will attest, ya gotta be nice to those guys. From personal experience it really helps if you have an E Z Pass transponder on your windsheild and a US Marine Drum & Bugle Corps decal on your side window.......the side facing the kiosk. In fact, I've been told by those guys that I didn't have enough beer to last a weekend away with drum corps. But that's another topic for another thread.

You know there are (and have been) a scary amount of us Canucks in this activity over the years. Particularly since all the corps up here (Kingston notwithstanding....they're farther away for me than Empire), folded or died of natural causes.

Donny,

My father is the king of Vibrato. In fact when he crosses the border, Customs makes him declare his vibrato. It's this new Homeland Security thing you folks have going on -- they think it is some kind of weapon of mass destruction or something.

With his vibrato -- my brother and I are lucky we weren't born shaking!

DO

\

Chicken ****er

\

Chicken ****er

Be careful or Nicole will be jumping off your bandwagon too. She's jumped off mine and I'm not sure what I can do to get her back on. But I can guarantee you that dissing her man is not the way. She is definitely in a Tammy Wynette state of mind!!! So...be careful; be very careful!!! :smile:

4 more days till camp!!!

Shouldn't you guys announce the University of Buffalo Basketball gig...

Empire's Hard Corps Brass/Special Forces/Select Unit will be playing with the UB BasketBULLS Pep Band on Saturday Jan 31

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Empire's Hard Corps Brass/Special Forces/Select Unit will be playing with the UB BasketBULLS Pep Band on Saturday Jan 31

Thanks for reminding me.

Empire's Hard Corps brass will be joining the UB Pep band to perform at the UB Basketball Doubleheader. The MAC leading UB Men will be hosting Toledo at noon with the ever-improving UB Women taking on Western Michigan at 2 p.m. There will be some volume for sure.

Check out UB pep band's arrangements of Brick House...Thriller...Walk this Way (kick-butt jazz arrangement)...Get it On...Vehicle...September Song...Paint It Black...Time Warp...Rock Lobster...and the list goes on!!! Great basketball and great sounds...who can resist??? :smile::smile::rock:

With KKY some of my college band went to one of their football games a few years ago. They have a pretty good band up there.

Edited by CorpsBuff