2009 Predictions

Bucs Guard

2005 1st 19.9 (out of 20 total)

2006 2nd 19.2 (0.2 out of 1st)

2007 3rd 19.2 (0.2 out of 1st)

2008 3rd 19.1 (0.6 out of 1st)

19.1 to 19.9 over the past 4 years hardly seems substandard. Are there other great guard programs in DCA right now? Absolutely. And the circuit looks better because of it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! someone got to it before i did.. plus.. be on the look out.. i think they will be better this year than last...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News flash....NOBOBY is going to win (or lose) ANYTHING based on the relatvie strength or weakness of their guard. Considering the overall strength of Reading against the rest of the field, their guard could be juggling bowling balls and twirling rebar...it would not matter.

Watch the Hurricanes pass Reading in all the visual captions (ESPECIALLY guard) this season.

quote name='VOReason' date='Jan 5 2009, 05:28 PM' post='2451757']

News flash....NOBOBY is going to win (or lose) ANYTHING based on the relatvie strength or weakness of their guard. Considering the overall strength of Reading against the rest of the field, their guard could be juggling bowling balls and twirling rebar...it would not matter.

I did read it a few weeks ago,.............I guess it makes no sense to me that ANY corps would turn away potential members,.................I sure wouldn't,.............maybe it's just me tho,......................

I agree, however it may be to a lack of funds, uniforms, or instruments.

slow and steady....

Juggling bowling balls would be very impressive... I wouldn't consider that a negative. That is totally the kind of thing DCA judges should reward.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

It's January 4th and corps have maybe had one camp and already we know this? I know it's just for fun BUT......I would wait till July to start predicting. Can you honestly say that Alliance will beat Kilties, Cru or some other corps? Even add MCL to the mix. It will be a good season for sure.

Well, its funny you say that... because Alliance DID beat the Kilties last year and they beat MCL for most of the season as well. I don't think that prediction is too far fetched.

As far as the new rule... who knows. Maybe with 10 tuba players, the other sections grew as well... maybe they won't end up Class A after all. That would be amazing to have 3 Open Class corps in the South! One can dream.

1. Hurricanes - umm Michael Klesch? Huge addition to best visual and improving perc

2. Minn Brass - class of the Midwest, good programming choices

3. Buccaneers - years of substandard guard program will catch up to tem

4. Cabs - is Jeff Nagmian juding championships?

5. Bushwackers - need to be more competitive in JuneJuly and not just fill holes all Summer. Best closers in the game though.

6. Empire - yet another mismash of a show will yield mixed results

7. Corps Vets - on their way up. New horns and good show choice.

8. Brigadiers - staff gets weaker each year. No more Downey, Lee, Glyde no more championships

9. Renegades - the have steadfastly refused to improve their weaknesses. Kudos to them for blind loyalty

10. Alliance - maybe the 3rd best drumline of all (behind Mn & Reading)

As far as the rest of your rankings. I would disagree with Empire. I think it will be awhile before you see Empire drop that low. Too much support going their way in Rochester. Plus, they are still fielding some of the biggest corps every year. I see both Bush and Bucs being higher, as well. I can see CV around 7, but I don't think their programing will be enough to jump the Brigs, plus, with Alliance having such a good camp turnout... do you think it might be affecting CV??? Just speculation... most likely, they are both doing well.

I predict it will be another crazy season. People will hate placements and scores, people will love placements and scores, people will fight on DCP about said placements and scores. Some corps will declare politics as the reason why they aren't getting scores they "deserve", others will think its a gift.

I predict too many alcoholic beverages will be consumed.

I predict 1 corps will win, 1 corps will come dead last and a bunch will fall somewhere in between.

Ah yes, you have to love the winter season!

9. Renegades - the have steadfastly refused to improve their weaknesses. Kudos to them for blind loyalty

Oh my. Needless to say, I think that you may have eaten too much coleslaw from the salad bar at Sizzler, because I think your head may have some swiss cheese inside it. Unless you have traveled out west, you are speaking nonsense. I highly suggest that you put down the lava lamp, take down the Boyz2Men poster, put your algebra test in your punky brewster trapper keeper, and take a comfortable seat on your teal beanbag chair. I have a gigantic serving of awesomeness to serve you, compliments of some bad mofo pals in NorCal.

:sad:

:tongue:

I'm not sure which is funnier..........people making predictions in January or the people that get their panties in a bunch as if its gospel they speak..........

I will be in Rome, Italy over Labor Day this coming year - I predict I'll be drinking very good Vino and eating some awesome Pasta - take THAT to the bank!