Fusion Core Camp Weekend Update

Fusion "Core" kicked off 2009 with an amazingly productive weekend.

The weekend began Saturday with a brief introduction of our basics program. "The Core" is committed to producing, once again, a top-notch program this season and Izzy Delgado was very pleased with the progress the Core has made and the enthusiasm that the members come back with every year.

Following basics we broke into sectionals. The brass, percussion and ever growing pit received the opener which is, as described in previous posts, a very challenging book. However, in true Fusion fashion, we ate it up and made amazing "progress" as the day went on.

Later on in the afternoon, the guard came in and picked up right were they left off last year (1st place in Class A :tongue: ). Having the majority of the guard from last year returning was a big help!!!!

Sunday we returned and continued in sectionals and ended the day strong with a total ensemble (brass, pit and battery) playing almost the ENTIRE OPENER!!!

I'd like to compliment our amazing staff. In each section, they not only worked technique and music, but they've already started nippin in the butt right from MINUTE ONE, those "little things" that can become big things later on. It was almost like we just picked up where we left off at the last practice DCA weekend. I was also very pleased with the commaradery that was displayed among the staff. They not only worked together really well, section to section, but sincerely seemed to enjoy working together.

I'm also happy to report we had additions to every section. At one point, Adam (percussion Caption Head) left the building for something and when he came back in two drummers followed him in!!!! Program Coordinator Izzy Delgado told him "GO BACK OUT AND DO IT AGAIN!!!" :sad: Needless to say, those two drummers came in ready to go!!!

We had six applicants for Drum Majors!!!! Who wouldn't want to conduct this show!!!

On a personal note, I'm very excited to have my last two kids marching in the line with us. The entire Marino family (well, the ones who are left home) are finally marching all together. I know it's sappy, but I actually got a bit choked up watching my two youngest ones really enjoying themselves in the pit and I was even more excited when they wanted to go home Saturday and Sunday nights and practice. THANKS BEN!!!!!

Our next camp weekend is Saturday and Sunday - January 17th and 18th at Rahway HS.

There are still openings in all sections, so if you are interested in being a part of a motivated, fun, championship caliber organization…come check us out! For more information you can email us at fusioncoredirect@gmail.com or visit our website.

Edited by hardcoremello

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention something. If you are interested but need transportation, let me know. We have members coming in from all different areas, so chances are we can get you a ride. Also, we do have host housing as well if needed and you pass the "I'm not a psycho killer" back ground check that we do. :tongue:

it was awesome to hear what the opener sounds like as an ensemble in JANUARY!!! hahaha cant wait till we get the ballad!!! any horn players out there that want to have a fun time with a bunch of people and play some kick a*s music (especially the mello and bari parts) come to our camp in rahway on the 17-18 we dont bite........hard :tongue:

HA, That's ok Art. We just house all your type in your own little bungalow :rolleyes: !!!!

Thanks always for your support and Happy New Year.

Lindsay, you have a permanent spot in the "Casa de Fusion" aka my house :tongue: , but I'll warn you now, it can get a bit crazy sometimes...........ALL GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

For any recent age-out who still has the desire, for someone who has always wanted to march but never had the opportunity, for anyone wanting to be a part of a great group of people, here's your invitation to come check out FUSION-Core! The next weekend camp is January 17th and 18th. Stop on by, meet the staff, volunteers and the members, see and hear what the corps is all about! There are spots open in ALL SECTIONS!! (Finding an extra visual tech, along with a snare tech and bass drum tech, would also be great!)