Corps icons

There's something I'm working on, and I want to run it past you guys-

Are these icons fair graphic representations of their respective corps' on-field presence? Also, do you prefer the #1 or #2 versions of Madison and Phantom?

Thanks for any feedback!

icons.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

phantom 1 and madison 1

also change the cross on the crossmen to red, thats what it is more commonly, it was only white for 08

I think the Cadets one is wrong as well, if I recall right, it's a jazz-running brass player is their main symbol beyond the "Cadets" in script. In terms of Phantom and Madison both first editions are awesome.

Another thing is that I believe the "Bugle B" or the "Shielded B" should be for the Bluecoats, but that works as well.

phantom 1 and madison 1

also change the cross on the crossmen to red, thats what it is more commonly, it was only white for 08

This, but also maybe include a few dots on BK, as long as it doesn't make it appear too cluttered. And Madison 2 looks almost like a clock, but Madison 1 is snazzy!

Edited by One Step

To clarify, I want to stylize elements of the corps' uniforms, instead of their logos, for this application. Many reasons for it, one being most of the corps logos don't read particularly well at small sizes.

Thanks for the input so far. :)

I think the Cadets one is wrong as well, if I recall right, it's a jazz-running brass player is their main symbol beyond the "Cadets" in script. In terms of Phantom and Madison both first editions are awesome.

Another thing is that I believe the "Bugle B" or the "Shielded B" should be for the Bluecoats, but that works as well.

I'm pretty sure these aren't "wrong." The artist appears to have merely taken a distinguishable piece of the uniform to be representative for the icon. They all look very classy and clean, IMO. I like!