Renegades Chinese New Year 2009

dday

Heh... I hope you folks saw the new video by Trevor Terrill, Renegades new video guru:

A Few Reasons Why YOU Should March in CNY with Renegades

Good stuff!

See you at the parade,

- Greg

PS: One correction from the video... it isn't just the largest Chinese parade in America, it's the largest CNY parade outside of China!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI....there is a bus (180) that goes from the Ferry Terminal in downtown (about 5 blocks from the hotel) directly to Site X on TI, 24 hours a day. 10 Minute ride. I live in downtown and that's how I usually get to rehearsal there.

I'll keep that in mind - just in case Munson isn't available. (Hey, stuff happens.) I really don't mind public transit if it is accessible and somewhat reliable.

I'll keep that in mind - just in case Munson isn't available. (Hey, stuff happens.) I really don't mind public transit if it is accessible and somewhat reliable.

Larry, it's the Muni 108 bus to TI. It's a fairly safe walk from Montgomery BART to the bus terminal. It's not any more, uhm, let's say interesting than a midtown NYC subway station around 8th ave.

Larry, it's the Muni 108 bus to TI. It's a fairly safe walk from Montgomery BART to the bus terminal. It's not any more, uhm, let's say interesting than a midtown NYC subway station around 8th ave.

Hey, Sara

Theres a baritone with your name on it at the Corps Hall.

And really cool lead Bari parts in "In the Stone".

See you there?

Hey, Sara

Theres a baritone with your name on it at the Corps Hall.

And really cool lead Bari parts in "In the Stone".

See you there?

Bad vacation planning on my part Dan, I'm home for a week at the end of January, then flying back here with my mom Feb 3rd - I'm scheduled for Mom duty all that weekend. Although she did bounce back from her broken hip pretty well last year - maybe we could put her on the banner? LOL!

Thanks, Sara. It's always good to know about the "local color"!

BTW, I've been catching a lot of Steve Davis lately. He's on faculty at Hartt and gigs in Hartford regularly.

FYI: It was just pointed out to me... DVDs of the parade will be available for only $10! Here's the order page.

With the million+ attendees, KTVU live television broadcast and DVD, this is one heavily viewed parade!

See you marching over the cable car tracks,

- Greg

Opps... I see we didn't post the official invitation here on DCP. Here you go:

Join the Renegades for Chinese New Year!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

The year of the Ox is upon us! The Renegades are ringing in the New Year by participating in the annual San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade, and we want YOU to join us! If you’ve ever been – or wanted to be - a Renegade, now is your chance!

Rehearsal will be held from noon to 3 p.m. at Treasure Island in San Francisco.

The uniform for the parade is a red long-sleeve shirt, black pants and black shoes and socks. The cost to join the Renegades for this fantastic event is only $25 and includes a free patch to commemorate your time with us! You can pay by credit card, electronic check or Paypal.

If you’ll be joining us from out of town, check the Chinese New Year web site –
- for music and videos of guard work for you to download and practice with before you come to rehearsal. The Renegades have also reserved a block of hotel rooms in San Francisco (check the website for more details).

After the parade, we’ll have our traditional post-parade celebration/fundraiser at Chevy’s Embarcadero. 15% of the money spent at the restaurant will be donated back to corps when you include a fund-raising flyer with your bill! (provided at the parade)

Join the Renegades for what is sure to be another spectacular performance!

Very encouraging seeing so many out-of-the-area folks sign up for this year's parade! This is going to be a good one!

See you behind the Chinese Dragon,

- Greg

My favorite moment is turning the corner into the TV lights. Very surreal.

Stayawayfromthelight.jpg

I do have to admit Doug, that WAS pretty cool when I did it in 05.

I am thinking of coming back this year......I still have 1 week vacation left....not sure what I want to do with it. If I do come, I will have to talk Frank D into picking me up again, and being my driver for the weekend!

Or....I can just catch a ride with Lindsay!!! (She doesn't know it yet, but I hope she will!!! LOL)

Vickie and I are so there!!!

Kelli, bring thos honk'n cymbals of yours and march the real section again! :laughing::huh2::huh2: