Gulf Coast Sound Staff Announcement

Gulf Coast Sound Drum & Bugle Corps (Houston, Texas) is honored to announce our 2009

Design and Instructional staff members. The success of the past 8 years has allowed the Corps

to attract some fantastic local talent as well as a seasoned, long-time professional with decades

of experience.

Richard (Dik) Buelow, the new Program Coordinator, has 40 years of experience as a music

instructor, marching band and drum corps performer, designer, and adjudicator in DCA, the

Central States Judges Association, and the Florida Marching Band Coalition. In addition he has

been the Corps Director for three organizations, including the renowned Minnesota Brass Inc.

GCS is absolutely thrilled to have Mr. Buelow on board this season. As successful as GCS has

been in recent years, we believe Mr. Buelow may be the missing link needed to get the Corps to

the next level.

Tony Cesario and Danny Rodriguez have returned to the Corps this season to write the brass

book. Their talent and passion over the past 2 seasons has provided GCS with some truly

memorable music. The Corps has enjoyed performing their work, and the 2009 repertoire is

proving to be far superior to anything we’ve done before.

Chris Kupsco and Stephen Araujo are also returning as the percussion writers. These gentlemen

have proven themselves to be exceptional writers and a true asset to the organization. In addition

to writing half of the percussion book, Stephen Araujo will be serving as Percussion Caption

Head. His dedication and hard work over the past 4 years made this an easy decision.

Adam Guevara is joining the Corps this year as our Guard Instructor. His 10 years of experience

as a performer, writer, and instructor in drum corps, marching band, and winter guard make him

an ideal person to have on board.

Although the brass section is currently in very talented and capable hands, we are still searching

for a full time Brass Caption Head. If you’re interested, please contact the Corps soon at

Director@GulfCoastSound.org.

Edited by tomgolf8

As I am sure Tom meant to mention, we still have openings in every section. Well....maybe not contra but that is negotiable. If you have ever thought about marching with GCS, this is the year to do it. Come on out to one of our weekly Thursday night rehearsals and check us out. Details can be found on the website....www.gulfcoastsound.org

We have already made a good jump on the season and things are only going to get better. So come on out!!

BRILLIANT!!

say Hi to Dik from all us Brass people; way to go GCS! :tongue:

it's only -4 degrees today with wind chills in the -20s . . but the sun is out!

south Texas . . .south Texas . . . .sounds real good right about now

Bump!

Practice again this Thursday! See you there!!

Clarification: Brass, Pit, and Guard practice 6:30-9:00 this Thursday, the drumline has a full weekend planned with all the out-of-town folks. Full details at www.gulfcoastsound.org

BRILLIANT!!

say Hi to Dik from all us Brass people; way to go GCS! :thumbup:

it's only -4 degrees today with wind chills in the -20s . . but the sun is out!

south Texas . . .south Texas . . . .sounds real good right about now

Hey,

Thanks for the "shout out"..........

I am looking forward to working with this talented group. Reminds me alot of the early days with MBI again.

See you in September ( isn't that a tune???) in Rochester....

MBI rocks !

Dik

Gulf Coast Sound Drum & Bugle Corps (Houston, Texas) is honored to announce our 2009

Design and Instructional staff members. The success of the past 8 years has allowed the Corps

to attract some fantastic local talent as well as a seasoned, long-time professional with decades

of experience.

Richard (Dik) Buelow, the new Program Coordinator, has 40 years of experience as a music

instructor, marching band and drum corps performer, designer, and adjudicator in DCA, the

Central States Judges Association, and the Florida Marching Band Coalition. In addition he has

been the Corps Director for three organizations, including the renowned Minnesota Brass Inc.

GCS is absolutely thrilled to have Mr. Buelow on board this season. As successful as GCS has

been in recent years, we believe Mr. Buelow may be the missing link needed to get the Corps to

the next level.

:tongue:

It sounds as though our friends in Houston have made yet another Minnesota connection to their progress...

Having known Dik for over 30 years, I am very happy to see that GCS has plucked one of the most passionate, dedicated and knowledgeable people in the activity. He and his expertise will in no doubt bring more success to GCS' future. :thumbup:

(Besides - he's another ex-goalie..but don't hold that against him!) :beer:

In addition, he's one of the most versatile musicians I've had the honor to march with..He played EVERY horn in the line during his MBI career :beer: ( but don't ask him about how my wife clunked him with a flag - making him re-write a drill part.. :doh: )

GCS will be very glad they chose Dik...ALL THE BEST FOR 2009 !!

Pat

Tom: If you see him, give our best to MBI alum & GCS member Allen Farnsworth

:tongue:

It sounds as though our friends in Houston have made yet another Minnesota connection to their progress...

Having known Dik for over 30 years, I am very happy to see that GCS has plucked one of the most passionate, dedicated and knowledgeable people in the activity. He and his expertise will in no doubt bring more success to GCS' future. :thumbup:

(Besides - he's another ex-goalie..but don't hold that against him!) :beer:

In addition, he's one of the most versatile musicians I've had the honor to march with..He played EVERY horn in the line during his MBI career :beer: ( but don't ask him about how my wife clunked him with a flag - making him re-write a drill part.. :doh: )

GCS will be very glad they chose Dik...ALL THE BEST FOR 2009 !!

Pat

Tom: If you see him, give our best to MBI alum & GCS member Allen Farnsworth

I will be sure to do that. He is one of our true treasures.

Congratulations to Dik and GCS on this collaboration. Good luck and have a great year.

create peace,

Brent

Congrats GCS and especially Dik. Ahhhhhh, the memories of '79 . . . . yes, I remember some of it *laughing*

Best of luck.

Flash

Corps since '78