New Pacific Crest Uniform Unveiled

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes! soooo much better than 08's just plain black

isnt it funny how people are practically begging for phantom to go back to black, but for corps like pac crest, theyre saying no to it?

my favorite was the black with the teal triangle on the stomach. white or black pants, but the white pants could have done something a tad bit different for where the top stopped and pants began.

now for the new, it looks like they have some type of sword on their shakos, its different. but i dont understand the almost brown color. it better not be too offensive. i like the embroid the person who donates name on the jacket. thats cool. similar to something i saw in the past where people who donated got to engrave something on to the horns

Kinda curious about the new unis. i like them, but did anyone notice that the drawing at the top has a horn player where the area below the colored stripes to the waist is white, but on the horn player and drummer at the bottom that same area is black.

I wonder which it will be for that particular section of the jacket, white or black?

I think the white would look better, but could see how the black could work.

Kinda curious about the new unis. i like them, but did anyone notice that the drawing at the top has a horn player where the area below the colored stripes to the waist is white, but on the horn player and drummer at the bottom that same area is black.

I wonder which it will be for that particular section of the jacket, white or black?

I think the white would look better, but could see how the black could work.

Is the thing on the bottom right (bottom left if you were wearing it) silver or teal? If it's teal, I like the white uniform (tuba) more, and if it's silver I like the black uniform (mello). Either way, I like these uniforms a lot and can't wait to see them on the field.

Is the thing on the bottom right (bottom left if you were wearing it) silver or teal? If it's teal, I like the white uniform (tuba) more, and if it's silver I like the black uniform (mello). Either way, I like these uniforms a lot and can't wait to see them on the field.

I think it looks like it's supposed to be teal, and if so then I agree with you the white in that section would look better than the black.

Don't totally understand the need for change.

The corps looked positively STUNNING in the jacket they've been wearing with white pants a couple of years ago. Most of the country never saw that uniform.

The switch to black pants was a mistake, imo. They are building a brand, and an identity. Don't quite understand why they want to cloud those efforts with a change at this time.

Hello all - Brent here - perpetrator of the design in question...

With regard to comments made thus far:

Re: color under the tuba player's left arm "should" and will be black - a slight coloring err - good eye, folks! There will be a small wedge of teal under the arm on each sleeve, which will be white. There is a wide band of black satin underneath the black of the jacket, separating it from the pants.

Re: colors - the corps colors are, according to Stuart Pompel, aside from black, teal with copper. The posted image took on a blue"ish" cast - that happens in the translation from hand drawing to scanner bed to internet. So, the look will utilize a nice aqua-teal, similar to the color of the wedge on their current uniform with a metallic copper-orange sickle shaped slash.

Re: cut and design - the lines of the jacket are intended to suggest an abstract "wave", as seen in the corps logo.

Re: shako -something different, I suppose - like the Blue Stars, Madison, etc. fans are gonna love it or hate it; but that's contemporary art and design though. I personally like when a group chooses something beyond the basic shako.

Will there be visual errors and less-than-clean moments wearing this? Undoubtedly - And there will be in ANY uniform, regardless of who designs it or produces it... Until Honda teaches Asimo how to march and play in perfect formation, we're gonna have to consider and realize that there will be human-made errors. Speaking as the designer here, and not to discredit my own work, but... It isn't what you wear, but how you wear it.

Thanks for the feedback, folks - As always, I'm pleased to see the topic of design garnering commentary and discourse.

-TGB

I never even knew that they had white pants a few years ago. I just went to corpsreps and found a few pictures. I think they look a lot better than the black pants, but the uniform still seemed to...I guess bland is the best word I can think of. The new uniform looks like a big step in the right direction.