The Scoop Please :)

OK. . .2009 evaluation shows have started :) someone has the scoop. Let's hear what you have to say. Who has it and who's going to get it. Good luck to all guards this season especially my favorites (you know who you are).

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first Eastern Mass competition shows great promise for east coast guards this season.

Sacred Heart is performing to the music of Tina Turner. The show is really fun and entertaining. Many great equipment and movement moments throughout. Can't wait to see this one when it is finished.

King Philip is performing to the songs tears in heaven with sound clips from various celebrities and and politicians who have passed away. The weapons are extremely talented. A touching show that should do very well in Dayton.

St Brendans A is performing to the music of Noa. Very mature and trained guard with a well designed show.

Salem Blue is performing to Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. The choreography in this show is outstanding. Strong training is evident in both movement and equipment.

Blessed Sac A is performing to an aggressive celtic soundtrack. They demonstrate signature Sac equipment technique and the show is well designed. I can't wait to see this one develop throughout the season.

here's the scoop,the skinny,the gossip,the scuttlebutt,the 411 and the dish.....not necessarily in that order! :help:

i'm hearing that sac world is once again asking us the question "what's behind that curtain"?their show uses a very beautiful and lyrical soundtrack juxtaposed with agressive equipment work using groups of three's,triads and trio's throughout ....oh and reportedly the rifles start the show tossing an eight.....no word on how they catch them! :huh2:

NEI is allegedly dancing and moving better than ever and word is they have assumed a completely different identity for this season.reputedly the show is very pretty! :help:

it's all quiet on the far-eastern front and by that i mean aimachi,all i'm able to divulge at this time is that they are very,very good! :huh2:

crown guard is quietly putting it all together down atlanta way and their super-duper-rock-star staff is collaborating well and word is the talent level is high. :cool:

farenheit world is really stepping it up this year and you will delight in the opening flag vocabulary,the non-stop velocity and great performers! :w00t:

i hear zydeco's show is kicking their #@%!in a good way! :huh2:

looking forward to corona,SCV,james logan. :huh2:

more as it happens! :laughing:

Edited by dugg

Corona world:what we know:that they are performing to diana krall's version on the joni mitchel song "a case of you" and that this is michael shapiro's swan-song and the last production from corona.

what you may not know yet:visually this show will be appropriately inspired by wine.

perhaps mr. shapiro chose this as a metaphor for his own life in the activity afterall winemaking is a proccess much like creating a guard show;from the seed of an idea that is planted and nurtured to it's final product,the end result requiring fermentation,carefull balance,complexity and structure.most of all,wine is meant to be celebrated,enjoyed by friends,tasted and savored like so many of corona's vintage shows.

from the floor design depicting wine bottles to staged wooden wine barrels and oak casks,to the flags that gradiate through the program from crisp chablis white,pale rose' blush and deep burgundian claret the intellectual qualities of this show are detailed and realized with the creative vision of a master sommelier.representational of wine bottles the costumes are in shades of dark green and bordeaux with stylized abstract vineyard labels on their backs,the female performers wearing wine bottle corks intertwined in their tresses seem to embody the bacchanalian "spirit" of this program.

much like a fine vintage reserve this show promises to intoxicate the fans and leave us satiated and full of appreciation for this wonderful guard!

Edited by dugg

I'm praying Corona gets a medal this year :)

not sure what the future holds for mr. shapiro.

what i do know on an unrelated topic is that the infamous "catchtape mafia" have several projects working at this time however if i mention one word of it on here i will have my legs and rifles broken,be taken for a long walk off a short bleacher and ultimately end up at the bottom of the great miami river. :glare:

beleive me,this "cosa nostra of color guard" these "mafioso's of movement" and this most "sinister syndicate of sabres" should all be revered,feared and above all cheered......or else! :worthy:

they know people! :shutup:

Edited by dugg

Here's Juxtaposition out of Columbus? I just found a link to their 09 show.

I heard that juxta moved back to IA this year? but based on that video and considering the time of year, they look very much like a IO group. If they are indeed in IA, they are going to be a very strong unit this season.

Ahhhhh, I can remember the days when juxta was based out of all places: Piqua, OH and always seemed to have a sci-fi related theme.