Fan Network survey from Acheson . . .

More e-mail stuff . . .got a survey (I'm sure other FN subscribers did as well) concerning the future of Fan Network.

Dear Fan Network Subscriber:

First, I want to thank you for being part of the Fan Network. First year results exceeded our expectations, but we know we can always make it more attactive and useful to subscribers and potential subscribers alike.

And that's why we're asking for your help.

At the bottom of this email is a link to an on-line survey. By taking this survey, you can help us make crucial decisions about the expansion and growth of the Fan Network. The survey should take you 5-7 minutes.

Again, thanks for being part of the Fan Network and we hope you'll participate in this important project.

Sincerely,

Dan Acheson

Executive Director

Anyhoo, some of the options that the survey presented have to be things that are being considered . . .I saw a few trends from trying to read between the lines:

-more live events

-possible increased price for increased sound/video quality

-quicker turnaround in posting events

-tech support issues and timeliness in resolution of said issues.

Hopefully, these are signs of things to come . . .anyone else get this?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-possible increased price for increased sound/video quality

I'm not a subscriber (I would be if I weren't intending to march this summer), but price is one of the things which have kept me away. I also don't really give a flip about the higher levels of detail/nuance after I can tell what's happening. I'd gladly take lower prices over being able to count the number of feathers on one of the Cadet's plumes. But I can't take it and it doesn't matter much anyway, as I don't intend to subscribe for a while. :S

How was coverage of live events this year compared to previous years of FUBARness?

How was coverage of live events this year compared to previous years of FUBARness?

You are one consistently negative dude.

Previous years did have FUBAR happening. 2008, however, was, by far, the best DCI has done with their online coverage, either Fan Network or Season Pass.

Have you forgotten how thoroughly jacked up many of the live events were in previous years? My question is a perfectly legitimate one.

I don't know anything about creating survey questions, but "Are you extremely satisfied with the content on the Fan Network?" does not seem to be a well-phrased question. My bold for emphasis.

Right -- so if you're only VERY, VERY satisfied, you have to answer "no"??

Whatever happened to that much-ballyhooed partnership with that Marketing/PR firm (can't remember the name)? Writing effective survey questions is indeed diffiicult and it seems like that's the kind of things that marketing firms excel at doing for you ... :tongue:

Well, he does have a bit of a point . . .the year previous to 2008 (before the "Fan Network" branding) saw us missing regionals, audio issues at other shows, and the II/III Finals week competition (the only airing of those particular corps online) not watchable at all. There was some understandable consternation at all of that at the end of the year.

Now, that said, 2008 was a marked improvement for the most part; I was grandfathered into the Fan Network at a little lower rate for the year . . . I stream my stuff wirelessly to a big-screen htpc/HDtv and didn't have a single complaint with any of it. If I can get some better resolution video-wise, I'd probably be willing to pay a little more for it.

Now, that said, 2008 was a marked improvement for the most part; I was grandfathered into the Fan Network at a little lower rate for the year . . . I stream my stuff wirelessly to a big-screen htpc/HDtv and didn't have a single complaint with any of it. If I can get some better resolution video-wise, I'd probably be willing to pay a little more for it.

And that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you, bawker, for actually answering my question.