DCI Hall Of Fame Class Of 2009 Nominations Sought

Is Bill Cook in the hall of fame yet?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have a physical form, but it's more like an amorphous cloud, with a lingering scent of lotus blossoms.

i could see you and btone13 being good friends... lol, just trust me.

Anyway...

Brandt

Chez

Potter

Gino

Boo

I had more... but I can't think.

Pat Seidling.. i met the guy once... he left a huge impression on me.

Todd Ryan. Hands down.

Agreed. Bill cook has my vote too.

For pulling one of our top corps OUT of DCI ?

No. For demonstrating how a drum corps could be run like a business, for proving it with his own funds, for weaning the corps off his funds and teaching them how to carry on by themselves as a business, for contributions to the activity and organization that have generally gone unnoticed because that's the way he wanted it, and for ultimately allowing his creation to spread its wings when the time came and go out into the world, introducing the marching arts to perhaps millions of new fans and in the process helping make marching sexy and more honored.

No. For demonstrating how a drum corps could be run like a business, for proving it with his own funds, for weaning the corps off his funds and teaching them how to carry on by themselves as a business, for contributions to the activity and organization that have generally gone unnoticed because that's the way he wanted it, and for ultimately allowing his creation to spread its wings when the time came and go out into the world, introducing the marching arts to perhaps millions of new fans and in the process helping make marching sexy and more honored.

:thumbup::cool: :cool:

Robert W. Smith. The first all-original show in DCI history (1985), some of the best hornlines in the 80's, and amazing arrangements, like '86 Stan Kenton, '83 Time Out by Buddy Rich, and original stuff in the '84 Vietnam show.

"Pop's Harold Ott

Mr Parker Silva - Director of the Freelanceers.

Agree with Jocko...Parker Silva...A man who deserves this honor while we still have him around...