wgi hall of fame!

dugg

A few names come to mind.

George Zingali

Dale Powers

Tommy Keenum

Zingali's not already in the WGI HoF? Is he in the DCI HoF?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the WGI website and was very surprised that Zingali was not in the hall of fame.

WGI only awards HOF status to living individuals. Some may have passed since, but none posthumously. They have honored those that have passed by naming divisions at the World Championships such as Brubaker, Brazalle and Zingali.

Boo, I say!

Boo, I say!

Soon to change, watch for an announcement.

I would like to see Wes Cartwright nominated for his wonderful contributions through the standard setting Union High School and also recognize Robin Shaw who was highly instrumental in creating the high school class and also known for his memorable shows by the award winning Center Grove H.S. winter guard as well as the irreverent and oftimes cringeworthy City Slickers.

I, too, join the chorus of those singing the praises of the illustrious Robin Shaw.

What a dynamic, innovative thinker. And he found the perfect medium for his virtuoso creativity.

I was always captivated by the shows he created both for Center Grove's winter guard and marching band.

And to this day, I still love, love, LOVE the hilariously 'naughty' productions he staged for the City Slickers. ('General Hospital,' anyone...???)

Talk about someone who was about 15-20 years ahead of his time. Wow.

So, gladly I cast a gigantic 'Hall of Fame' ballot with Robin Shaw's name written in equally gigantic, bold, red letters.

Edited by Mr. Know it all

I, too, join the chorus of those singing the praises of the illustrious Robin Shaw.

What a dynamic, innovative thinker. And he found the perfect medium for his virtuoso creativity.

I was always captivated by the shows he created both for Center Grove's winter guard and marching band.

And to this day, I still love, love, LOVE the hilariously 'naughty' productions he staged for the City Slickers. ('General Hospital,' anyone...???)

Talk about someone who was about 15-20 years ahead of his time. Wow.

So, gladly I cast a gigantic 'Hall of Fame' ballot with Robin Shaw's name written in equally gigantic, bold, red letters.

He's the only one that could have pulled off a rousing patriotic ending to a show with pom poms and double flags and make it legit! I only wish the rules would have allowed him to use fire batons!!!

:smile: Also, don't forget the sink the "Slickers" threw in at the end. Robin Shaw's Center Grove Marching Band production of the opera "Turando" is a classic in creative writing, staging, and performance and is still talked about today. Go Robin shaw for HOF membership as your entry is way past due.

• 1 month later...

marlene miller to be inducted into 2009 wgi hall of fame! :tongue:

marlene miller is the wife of hall of famer fred miller[fjm] and mother of hall of fame members mike and mark miller[the millers blackhawks/miamisburg].

marlene is an oustanding longtime member of the community and beloved by many congratulations to marlene miller! :wall: