scores from Indiana

wolfgang

Results of the top 3 classes from the Danville, IN show, courtesy of indianamarching.com

Class A:

1 - 73.30 - Greenfield Central

2 - 72.60 - Lafayette Jefferson

3 - 72.30 - Brownsburg

4 - 70.10 - Decatur Central

5 - 69.40 - Avon

6 - 67.00 - Scottsburg

7 - 66.30 - Mooresville

8 - 63.70 - East Central

9 - 63.60 - Castle

10 - 62.80 - Zionsville

11 - 62.50 - Terre Haute North

12 - 62.30 - Terre Haute South

13 - 62.10 - North Posey

14 - 61.50 - Pike

15 - 60.50 - North Harrison

16 - 59.70 - Westfield

17 - 59.60 - Danville

18 - 58.80 - Mt. Vernon (MV)

19 - 57.40 - Southport

20 - 57.20 - Heritage Hills

Open Class:

1 - 73.10 - Lawrence Central

2 - 58.50 - New Palestine

2 - 58.50 - Owen Valley

World Class:

1 - 76.50 - Avon

The person who posted these also mentioned Lawrence Central is even better than last year when most people in the know believe they would have been neck and neck with Northmont for the SO title had they gone to Dayton.

This year, they are coming to the Indy Power Regional in March, but not finals in Dayton.

It will be interesting to see if the powers that be review them and promote them to SW (where they should be) just for one regional.

I hear Avon is also doing quite well.

snippets of review:

Lawrence Centrals version of Amazing Grace. This show should be entitled Simply Amazing. The song is sung by Ani Difranco. Known as this group is, they are nowhere near completion of their program, but this is definitely one show to catch in the coming weeks. And I thought Last years show couldn't be beat. WOW was I wrong. The images of the triangle shaped tarp and the planks being set up in a / \ fashion lead me to think of the letter A?? for possibly Amazing?

Avon World - the show theme was Release. Unfortunately I missed the title of the actually music. Avon World is definitely on track to rise above the competition this year. Taking time to complete the show which is common, things will surely change. Going back to a great classical piece of music, this show held my attention as what was going to occur next. The ensemble moments were great and the fusing of sections for those moments were spectacular. Again, watch out for this guard in the weeks to come.

In the other IHSCGA show near Ft. Wayne, scores for the top 3 classes are:

Class A

1. Muncie Southside 66.30

2. Fairfield 65.40

3. Snider 65.30

4. Goshen 62.60

5. Angola 59.30

6. Heritage 55.50

7. Wayne - Fort Wayne 46.70

Open Class

1. Homestead 55.40

World Class

1. Carmel 72.20

Results of the top 3 classes from the Danville, IN show, courtesy of indianamarching.com

The person who posted these also mentioned Lawrence Central is even better than last year when most people in the know believe they would have been neck and neck with Northmont for the SO title had they gone to Dayton.

This year, they are coming to the Indy Power Regional in March, but not finals in Dayton.

It will be interesting to see if the powers that be review them and promote them to SW (where they should be) just for one regional.

The Indy regional is one of the last in the season and therefore they won't be able to be reviewed in regards to being bumped up to SW.

I'll say it again, like I did last year. . .it's a complete travesty that LC is not going to WGI. However. . .with that said, I've been looking into how they 'could' go to Dayton on a shoe-string budget. First things first. . .LC has until Feb 27 to enroll for WGI Champs. Second, Dayton is only 1.5 hours away. . .so they could take school buses or have parents take them over. Third, Centerville is on spring break the entire week of WGI and they have ALWAYS been so gracious in housing units at their school for next to nothing.

So, Lawrence Central could make this trip relatively cheap. school buses/parents cars, staying at centerville or another school. The biggest expense would probably be the entry fee and I think 1 fundraiser would take care of that, if not all the expenses it would take for the trip. I sure hope they make a last minute decision to attend, b/c they are probaby the front runner or at least in the top 3 for the SO class.

**someone says they can't take their buses out out state, so I suggest parents carpool the kids over** :-) LC could do this very cheap. ..given the info above. Also, I was just told that Northmont, Bellbrook and Miamisburg are all on spring break WGI weekend as well. I'm sure someone in Dayton would house LC for next to nothing.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I certainly agree. My thoughts are those posted above by Wolfgang. I was at the Danville show yesterday and indeed again Lawrence Central is much better than they were last year. I didn't think it was feasible but I'm wrong. They would definitely be choice to win the WGI Regional Open Class at Ben Davis this year. I'm saying it now. Lawrence Central will do it :). Keep up the good work LC.

The Indy regional is one of the last in the season and therefore they won't be able to be reviewed in regards to being bumped up to SW.

I'll say it again, like I did last year. . .it's a complete travesty that LC is not going to WGI. However. . .with that said, I've been looking into how they 'could' go to Dayton on a shoe-string budget. First things first. . .LC has until Feb 27 to enroll for WGI Champs. Second, Dayton is only 1.5 hours away. . .so they could take school buses or have parents take them over. Third, Centerville is on spring break the entire week of WGI and they have ALWAYS been so gracious in housing units at their school for next to nothing.

So, Lawrence Central could make this trip relatively cheap. school buses/parents cars, staying at centerville or another school. The biggest expense would probably be the entry fee and I think 1 fundraiser would take care of that, if not all the expenses it would take for the trip. I sure hope they make a last minute decision to attend, b/c they are probaby the front runner or at least in the top 3 for the SO class.

**someone says they can't take their buses out out state, so I suggest parents carpool the kids over** :-) LC could do this very cheap. ..given the info above. Also, I was just told that Northmont, Bellbrook and Miamisburg are all on spring break WGI weekend as well. I'm sure someone in Dayton would house LC for next to nothing.

Their school could also have rules against parents carpooling the students to an event, with it being a liability issue. I am fairly certain my school has this rule as well. We can take our buses out of state, but the band must pay for them, the school won't pay for any part of it. Any in-state bus trip is paid for by the school (right now)

This really stinks when a group has the potential to do really well in an event, and they just have no way to travel there (can't afford a charter, can't take a school bus. . .) but I'm sure the director has looked into ever avenue to get the group there, and has just run into dead ends everywhere they turn. Such a travesty.

Their school could also have rules against parents carpooling the students to an event, with it being a liability issue. I am fairly certain my school has this rule as well. We can take our buses out of state, but the band must pay for them, the school won't pay for any part of it. Any in-state bus trip is paid for by the school (right now)

This really stinks when a group has the potential to do really well in an event, and they just have no way to travel there (can't afford a charter, can't take a school bus. . .) but I'm sure the director has looked into ever avenue to get the group there, and has just run into dead ends everywhere they turn. Such a travesty.

Wouldn't it be great if we joined up with Indianamarching.com and tried to have a netroots fundraiser for them to get to Dayton. I bet we (the power of the guard community & friends) could get them there! :-)

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Wouldn't it be great if we joined up with Indianamarching.com and tried to have a netroots fundraiser for them to get to Dayton. I bet we (the power of the guard community & friends) could get them there! :-)

We're not in Indiana, but we'd be willing to do what we can to help! :-)

All of this is assuming that the band director and guard director want the guard to attend WGI. Some directors prefer to keep things local and not invest the money that it takes to put out a world class program year after year.

All of this is assuming that the band director and guard director want the guard to attend WGI. Some directors prefer to keep things local and not invest the money that it takes to put out a world class program year after year.

Perhaps someone from LC (are you out there?) Can let us know. . .is it a $$$ or a group decision? Do they want to go? Would they like for us to help them get there, if they do indeed want to go?

I find it hard to believe that the folks at Lawrence Central wouldn't want to participate in world championships - it's not like they are a stranger to finals. Maybe the staff just wants to get the kids up to a consistent level and then bring them back.

Regardless - I'm glad LC is doing well. I've always enjoyed them.

Knowing what I do, I cannot say whose decision it is per say. I can tell you unless they take charter busses or car pool with parents they are unable to go to Dayton. There is some kind of rule in Lawrence Twnshp Schools that they cannot take school busses across state line. No need to comment as the thoughts are probably going to be the same. It is a silly rule. However, I'm not sure why that is, be it insurance, liability, etc.

Yes Lawrence Central again, is simply amazing. They just got better this past weekend at the Anderson HS show.

I would say let sleeping dogs lie, and whatever will be...will be.....They aren't going to worlds PERIOD.

I'm sad as well....but life does go on..:)