Lake Erie Thunder Camp #2

NOW you've done it..... Nick loves music stands..... I'm coming to practice, going to play a little bari Sunday, see if I can march around a little..... cya all there.

I won't comment on the music stand thing. I will say this though: It is not Nick who loves music stands.......it's SCHUBE! Especially music stands in August. Just ask him.

I just want to give updates. The latest update is that I have all music handed out memorized. I do use a music stand for reference. Especially measures 70 - 84 in Mod #2. I still can't believe that there is a 16 count "E" above High "C" at measure 78. It's there though. The Lead Sops in Mod #2 are pretty busy starting at measure 50. Then I see measure 70 coming and I think to myself: "Crap!" Then measure 78 comes along and I'm thinking: "You have got to be kidding me!" You know what though......I'll get it................I'm just venting. I'll have it by our next rehearsal. I'm stubborn. I'll play everyday until I get it. My goal is to play measures 50 to the end of Mod #2 w/o resting. That's my commitment.

I do realize that maybe I talk too much. I'm bored. So I practice and write on DCP.

I am Nick......I play Lead Sop........finally Poppin' Double "G's" again...........I lost all kinds of range and I don't know why. I also lost 70 lbs and I still don't smoke. My wife quit too.

At this time I would like to say hello to Donny Allen. (Haven't heard from him in a while and I wonder how he's doin'.)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't comment on the music stand thing. I will say this though: It is not Nick who loves music stands.......it's SCHUBE! Especially music stands in August. Just ask him.

I just want to give updates. The latest update is that I have all music handed out memorized. I do use a music stand for reference. Especially measures 70 - 84 in Mod #2. I still can't believe that there is a 16 count "E" above High "C" at measure 78. It's there though. The Lead Sops in Mod #2 are pretty busy starting at measure 50. Then I see measure 70 coming and I think to myself: "Crap!" Then measure 78 comes along and I'm thinking: "You have got to be kidding me!" You know what though......I'll get it................I'm just venting. I'll have it by our next rehearsal. I'm stubborn. I'll play everyday until I get it. My goal is to play measures 50 to the end of Mod #2 w/o resting. That's my commitment.

I do realize that maybe I talk too much. I'm bored. So I practice and write on DCP.

I am Nick......I play Lead Sop........finally Poppin' Double "G's" again...........I lost all kinds of range and I don't know why. I also lost 70 lbs and I still don't smoke. My wife quit too.

At this time I would like to say hello to Donny Allen. (Haven't heard from him in a while and I wonder how he's doin'.)

Just spoke with arranger, and he said reprise of mod #2 measures 50-84 WILL be repeated in the finale....maybe 3 or 4 times.

Or did he say they were cutting measures 50-84?

Or, am I hallucinating from lack of nicotine?????

Find out Sunday! Sorry, I will be back on the road, so have fun!

Just spoke with arranger, and he said reprise of mod #2 measures 50-84 WILL be repeated in the finale....maybe 3 or 4 times.

Or did he say they were cutting measures 50-84?

Or, am I hallucinating from lack of nicotine?????

Find out Sunday! Sorry, I will be back on the road, so have fun!

Option 3 is the most probable in this case.. seeing that we already have the finale, LOL.

Nick,

The ending is a tough one, havent played since Sunday cause I caught the flu bug going around.. wasnt fun at all.

I cant wait for Sunday, its going to be FUN! And about the music stand, its there just for a reference when they say measure numbers or when they change the dynamics.. someone has to write it down!

I'm Spam, I play Lead Sop with Nick, its going to be a fun :lol::lol: season!

Option 3 is the most probable in this case.. seeing that we already have the finale, LOL.

Nick,

The ending is a tough one, havent played since Sunday cause I caught the flu bug going around.. wasnt fun at all.

I cant wait for Sunday, its going to be FUN! And about the music stand, its there just for a reference when they say measure numbers or when they change the dynamics.. someone has to write it down!

I'm Spam, I play Lead Sop with Nick, its going to be a fun :lol::lol: season!

SPAM,

U sounded good last Sunday. I can tell that you've been practicing. You did a fine job. It was cool running through THUNDER music W/O MUSIC and/or MUSIC STANDS. Let there be no doubt that we will have a fun season. No matter what place we take it's gonna be a blast. Mikey B is coming to play Baritone. That's pretty cool. Tommy T-Bird quit smoking too.....and losing weight as well. He looks and smells better......i.e. cigarette smoke stinks. (lol) I am proud to be a part of this new Drum Corps from Erie. THUNDER kicks azz. Can't say enough 'bout that. Drum Corps kicks azz. It's all I got. I don't work, fish, hunt, ice skate, go to bars, bowl, play softball, ect.....I am Nick, I play Lead Sop in a new Drum & Bugle Corps from Erie, Pennsylvania......and I dig it....................and there ya have it.

Am I making myself clear? Do I need to elaborate.......be more specific? Can I get a witness? Do you ask yourself: "Does this guy ever STFU?" (Cheez can answer that.)

1st, I hope we are talking about Bb horns and the "G's"

And as far as smoking, I had a girlfriend who asked me if I smoked after I did "IT", and I said, "I don't know, I never looked."

I'm SoloSop(in "G")420. I rarely play Bb. I was advised to play Trumpet more often. I should, but I don't. My main concern, at this juncture, is to memorize my music with the instrument it is written for. In this case, it's Soprano. I realize that I should play Trumpet more often. I may have to because the Pastor at my Church asked me to play on Sundays. He recently found out that I am a Trumpet player. He is a good Trumpet player, and we would sound pretty good together. I'm not too bad myself. I'm OK.......nothing spectacular. There are times in which I played my solo's pretty dam good. (Not last year though at the minicorps championship............I missed the Double "G.") I did pretty well in 1995 and 2004 though. Can't be perfect all of the time. Though I strive for perfection. It just doesn't always happen. What can I say?

As far as smoking...........I don't before, during, and after doing "IT." (sometimes I look) I had to quit....and that's all I have to say about that. My wife did say once that I was "on fire!" Not sure what she meant by that, but, where there's smoke there's fire. This is my story and I'm stickin' to it! Can't be funny all of the time.......

I am Nick

I play Lead Sop (key of "G")

I'm just tryin' to talk a little smack on DCP. Tryin' to have fun here

Due to the raffle doing so well, I hear that this is a "dues free" camp. Nada. If you were thinking about it, this is the rehearsal to check out the Thunder. I'm goin.... Sunday 2-22-09 @ 11:00 AM East High School, Erie, PA you otter be there (I'm going to get sued now...) ooops gotta go, the boss is on.

Edited by Mike_B

I am Nick

I play Lead Sop (key of "G")

I'm just tryin' to talk a little smack on DCP. Tryin' to have fun here

See? I'm even replying to my own posts. I'm OK with that. Just tryin' to give an update on my progress. This is like my Diary. Dear Diary: "I sucked today." "I hope that I play better tomorrow." I'm still working on LAKE EFFECT (Mod #2) from measure 50 to the end. I can make it to measure 77 before I start to lose it. So, in 3 days I have increased the amount of playing before I start losing it. (7 measures) Hey, that's progress. Today is Thursday. We have rehearsal on Sunday. I will have "More for the Corps." (More chops that is) I'm doing what I'm asked to do. I have not been asked to shut up. That's why I'm continuing this thread. I see that people are reading. Isn't that what it's all about? I'm not snappin' on anyone. I'm just telling yinz what Nick's doin'. Nick's practicing.

Just tryin' to learn my music........that's all.

I am Nick

Lead Sop for the THUNDER and THUNDERBIRDS.......................I dig THUNDER

Dear Diary: "I sucked today." "I hope that I play better tomorrow."

I am Nick

Lead Sop for the THUNDER and THUNDERBIRDS.......................I dig THUNDER

So, now I am practicing twice daily. That means, during rest periods, I must go on DCP and give an update, twice daily. I realize that I'm talking to myself. Again.......I'm OK with that. My latest update is that I ran through LAKE EFFECT (Mod #2) from measures 50 to 80 with no break. I could only play the "E" above High "C" (at measure 78) for 12 counts instead of 16. I must explain that the Lead Sop chart in this song is quite demanding, for me. The good news is that my "chops" are stronger today than they were yesterday. I ran through ALL music by memory. I'm proud of myself. I'll be ready for our next rehearsal on Sunday. (I'll leave my music stand at home) I see that many people are viewing my progress. That's OK with me, 'cause I ain't shy. No need to reply, I'll just keep on, keepin' on. It's like that, 'cause that's the way it is. I'm not snappin' at anyone. I'm just playin' my Sop. It's all I got. It's my life........................NICK'S WORLD!!!!!

I am Nick

I play Lead Soprano and I get solo's every now and then.....................I'm OK

Nick,

I just got a test result back from college. I got a `105" out of 100...no chit.

DA