Casa Bonita

The best Mexican food I've ever had in Denver was at some place next to a big pyramid shaped hotel that we stayed at for Mountain West Conference. It was across the street from a Home Depot and a freeway, and had a 20 inch burrito. Anyone know the place?

n786290320_1756683_9052.jpg

That would be La Mariposa at 3737 Quebec near I-70.

The best Mexican food I've ever had in Denver was at some place next to a big pyramid shaped hotel that we stayed at for Mountain West Conference. It was across the street from a Home Depot and a freeway, and had a 20 inch burrito. Anyone know the place?

n786290320_1756683_9052.jpg

Jeez. My mind is boggled by the potential flatulence generated by that burrito. You could really #### people off on a long bus ride after one of those ...

It's on the east side of the street and I remember parking was a problem. I seem to remember a muffler shop or auto repair garage with a sign instructing restaurant-goers to not park there. It was a bit far to walk, but maybe a mile or less.

Yeah Mike, That's El Noa Noa. I'm always busting that garage for various infractions during stadium events.

WOW.

was there in 1977 when DCI was in DENVER.

CHEZ

We,Royal Crusaders, also was there.I was the highlight for us.

That would be La Mariposa at 3737 Quebec near I-70.

Well, I guess I know where I'm going before Drums this year. Thanks!

Mike, my mistake, You must have went to Jack n Grill about 6 blocks from the stadium and they also have a muffler shop next to them. The owner is from Albuquerque and has opened up a couple of new places in town. They have a new burrito on their menu, it's 4 lbs and $12 and if you can eat it in a hour it's free. Bu the funny part is, if a woman can eat it, she eats there free for life!

Can't remember if we were there both years, but we did go. One of the years we went to the Amuzement park, can't remember the name. I probably wouldn't eat there now, knowing what "good" Mexican food tastes like.

It's probably why we lost though! :smile:

Mike, my mistake, You must have went to Jack n Grill about 6 blocks from the stadium and they also have a muffler shop next to them. The owner is from Albuquerque and has opened up a couple of new places in town. They have a new burrito on their menu, it's 4 lbs and $12 and if you can eat it in a hour it's free. Bu the funny part is, if a woman can eat it, she eats there free for life!

THAT'S IT! I remember that name.

The four-pound burrito sounds like a heart stopper. Where can I get one around Chicago?