Casa Bonita

There is a place just north of Invesco Field that locals recommended to me. I went there during the 2004 DCI World Championships and the food was quite good. The atmosphere was classic...well...no atmosphere at all, but the food was good.

Casa Bonita is the best place to go for dinner while on tour. EVER! Kids on tour don't care about quality of food - not an issue.

The only other place I recall as a fun place to eat was the restaurant with the little lights on the table. Anyone remember the name?

I wish I had known about it back in 77,78. We had a day off and they gave us a choice of going to an amusement park or Casa Bonita. I chose the amusement park. The only good thing I got out of it was my first (2nd, 3rd, 4th)taste of Coors. Drinking Coors in Colorado was a highlight.

Maybe the next time finals is in Denver I'll try Casa Bonita....oh wait....

Edited for speeling

Edited by bersurkman

The best Mexican food I've ever had in Denver was at some place next to a big pyramid shaped hotel that we stayed at for Mountain West Conference. It was across the street from a Home Depot and a freeway, and had a 20 inch burrito. Anyone know the place?

n786290320_1756683_9052.jpg

i thought south park made that up..

Actually most of the places I mentioned earlier, the owners are from New Mexico, I know owners here who have migrated to Denver from Chama, Taos, Hatch, Espanola, Tres Pierdras, Aztec and Farmington. And being Hispanic, I would hope I would know decent authentic Mexican food. Not that crap you get at Chili's and Chipolte, although Denver is funny in that so many restaurant chains started in this area. The first Chipolte is on Evans near Denver University close to where D2 and 3 was held in 04. You can go into any Chipolte in the world and you will see a picture of that restaurant in every store. Qdoba also started here as did Heidi's Deli, Quizno's and a few others that will probably come to me around 4AM .

There is a place just north of Invesco Field that locals recommended to me. I went there during the 2004 DCI World Championships and the food was quite good. The atmosphere was classic...well...no atmosphere at all, but the food was good.

Mike, if it was on Federal, it was El Noa Noa and/or La Loma is about a 4 block walk north of the stadium.

Mike, if it was on Federal, it was El Noa Noa and/or La Loma is about a 4 block walk north of the stadium.

It's on the east side of the street and I remember parking was a problem. I seem to remember a muffler shop or auto repair garage with a sign instructing restaurant-goers to not park there. It was a bit far to walk, but maybe a mile or less.

Edited by Michael Boo

It's on the east side of the street and I remember parking was a problem. I seem to remember a muffler shop or auto repair garage with a sign instructing restaurant-goers to not park there. It was a bit far to walk, but maybe a mile or less.

Did they have crunchy pasta?