Grammys

Did you happen to hear one of them say "Let's see what you have Stevie"

I told my wife the Jonas Bros. showed no respect for Stevie Wonder

Yeah. I caught that. My jaw just about dropped. "Let's see what you have Stevie"??

Well, here's what Stevie had at age 13. A year older than the the oldest Jonas brother:

Fingertips Part 2

You know, I respect that they are good Christian kids and good role models, and I as a Christian should have a better attitude, but I can't help it. I'm just really tired of these artists that Disney keeps pumping out one after the other that are, with a few exceptions, mediocre at best. Artists that sound great in the studio but when it comes to playing live, sound no better than the Star Wars cantina band. And that's putting the cantina band in a bad light! Every time I went on stage, I tried my hardest to make a perfect, clean performance. One where people say, "Wow! They sound just as good live as they do on the disc." If that didn't happen, then I failed at what I was supposed to do and that was to give the people that paid to see us AND the band themselves my best effort.

Rant over

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you happen to hear one of them say "Let's see what you have Stevie"

I told my wife the Jonas Bros. showed no respect for Stevie Wonder

at least stevie couldn't see how gay they looked.

DOH! That's gonna leave a mark!

I was really pumped to see Radiohead and very pleasantly surprised to see the drums and horns. That's probably the largest amount of trombones (or sousaphones for that matter) to ever be on stage at the Grammys at once.

I want to say RCC gets to do these sorts of things, too, so it's more of an oligopoly than a monopoly.

Yeah...but USC'sa lot closer to Hollywierd than RCC...the USC campus is across the street from the Shrine Auditorium (and i ^%#%^ wish they'd open more than one entry gate whenever I work the annual fencing tournament there...Saturday it took almost as long to simply turn the corner to get to the gate as it did to drive to USC from Pacoima...)

I hate to show my age, but does anyone know where I could find a link to this performance? I have never heard of Radiohead (OK, so I am really old!), but would like to see how a modern group merges in a college band into their music.

Ask and ye shall receive...

Radiohead/USC: 15 Step

Edited by skajerk

It was lame. This ridiculously skinny guy flouncing around the stage and acting all emo while a battery & brass ensemble stood up straight demonstrated more musical skills than the "band" did was foolish.

hahahahahahaahahaha

ahahahahahaha

ahahahaha

the guitar player of that "band" was the composer in residence for the BBC for a few years.