The Reading Buccaneers

Reading Buccaneers  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What makes them consistently superior?

• Better Design Staff
    • Better Instructional Staff
    • More Talented Membership
    • Better Work Ethic
    • Combination of the above
    • Other

I enjoyed the bucc shows. Still amazed how the scores are so close. They are heads and tails the cream of the crops in DCA.

1st, let me say I have been praying for your entire family since I read about your son's situation. I am hoping to go to SIB and would love to meet you and your family.

Now, about Pittsburgh's baseball team, they just might be the best double "A" team playing in the majors, and no disrespect to the other double "A" teams meant. They are on a rebuilding structure that may just make them a competitive triple "A" team in 5 or 6 years.

As far as the Phillies, I spent last saturday at Ryan Howard, Victorino, and Rollins home. I delivered windows to the new Waterfront Condos in Philly and that is where they reside.

Now the Eagles, I heard that Campbells Soup has pulled McNabb and his Mom's commercials, seemd whenever Donavan gets near a "BOWL", he chokes!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there should have been more added to the poll selection. How about some negatives instead of positive? For example,

Easier drill than most corps?

Playing it safe?

Easier show overall?

Im sure if those were up there, the results would be a lot more different.

Before I post my opinions I would like to have 2 questions answered... Is it true that a large portion of the Bucs membership is comprised of students from one particular school? Is it also true that the band director of this school awards credit for showing up to drum corps rehearsal and punishes for not showing up! If this is true then Bucs have found the golden goose in this band director and we all should take note on how to have a full corps by the end of the first rehearsal! :blink:

i'd say not quite considering they still have more than a few members out of school.

I dont see how standing still for 32 counts playing the same exact arrangement from PR is exciting.

Phantom played that pit intro? gee i listened to it on my cd the other day, i didnt remember that

I think there should have been more added to the poll selection. How about some negatives instead of positive? For example,

Easier drill than most corps?

Playing it safe?

Easier show overall?

Im sure if those were up there, the results would be a lot more different.

define easier overall

As in Easier Overall I meant easier drill, drum book, horn book, etc etc

It should be up there as some people may think thats why they have been dominating the last 4 years.

Phantom played that pit intro? gee i listened to it on my cd the other day, i didnt remember that

Thats not even the part i'm talking about. Goes to show how many times they stood still.

they didnt stand still. and, well, if you look at stuff a DCA corps has played that a DCI corps did before them and stood still, by your criteria, they'd all be "easy" per you.

and i dont think any of what Bucs has done the last few years is easy. then again, i dont think what many of the corps have done is easy...just different, which makes it nice. it isn't as cookie cutter as DCI can be

(oh and Bucs moved during the pit thing...with a pit light years better than Phantom 03)

they didnt stand still.

Are youtube links allowed? I can show you where they stood still.

i was referring to the pit break. and, um...show me a DCA corps that didnt stand still at some point. hell, show me a DCI corps that doesnt.

it happens. some may do it more than others. some may do it at spots you deem easy, when in many ways, they may actually be maxing out a GE moment.

so when a DCA corps moves for all 11 minutes, lemme know...til then, by your criteria, they're all doing easy shows.