The Reading Buccaneers

Reading Buccaneers  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What makes them consistently superior?

• Better Design Staff
    • Better Instructional Staff
    • More Talented Membership
    • Better Work Ethic
    • Combination of the above
    • Other

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line:

1981-2004: No Spring Preview, no performers' turkey dinner. Buccaneers win no DCA titles during that time.

2005-2008: Spring Preview, performers' turkey dinner. Buccaneers win four straight DCA titles during that time.

Do I have to draw a picture for all of you? :thumbup:

Fran

It's threads like these that make me not read DCP much anymore.

The Bucs won 4 in a row because their score is higher then everyone elses. They have a great staff, great membership, and a well run organization. This is all common knowledge. It doesn't mean anyone else isn't working hard, doesn't have a great staff, great membership or a well run organization!

DCA has improved vastly in just the small time I've been associated with it. Let's all be happy with where the activity is going and leave this pettyness (is that a word) aside.

We shouldn't be asking what other groups are doing well, just what WE can do to improve our own organizations and advance our activity/circuit.

PS, Congrats to the Bucs on their 4 CONSECUTIVE World Championships. It's an AMAZING feat!

Edited by vbc33

It's threads like these that make me not read DCP much anymore.

The Bucs won 4 in a row because their score is higher then everyone elses. They have a great staff, great membership, and a well run organization. This is all common knowledge. It doesn't mean anyone else isn't working hard, doesn't have a great staff, great membership or a well run organization!

DCA has improved vastly in just the small time I've been associated with it. Let's all be happy with where the activity is going and leave this pettyness (is that a word) aside.

We shouldn't be asking what other groups are doing well, just what WE can do to improve our own organizations and advance our activity/circuit.

PS, Congrats to the Bucs on their 4 CONSECUTIVE World Championships. It's an AMAZING feat!

Yes, but it's spelled pettiness.

Is that being petty?

:thumbup:

Okay then, you weren't insulting other corps, you were just insulting me personally.

But c'mon Marty, you're a multi-decade Buc Alum ... you aren't being neutral. Just like I'm obviously not being neutral about my years with Empire or the Brigs.

You were the first one to bring up the "elephant in the room;" the "down" nature of the competition. Don't you see how members of corps who are trying to beat them might find that insulting?

And obviously I took a few words and turned up the rhetoric for my own personal entertainment (I can't believe how amazingly reasonable I'm being) ... but I gotta tell ya... the original poster knew they were pushing some buttons by putting "superior" in the subtitle.

I wasn't pushing buttons when I said superior. Were they, or were they not better than everyone else in DCA from 2005-2008? The answer is yes, they were. The numbers don't lie. They were, in fact, superior.

Edited by big old drummer man

With all due respect sirs ... Didn't you see this coming?

When you have a poll that asks:

"How awesome are WE?" And after about 10 posts (by a handful of PA drum corps guys) the conclusion is that every other corps is subpar.

Do you think an Empire fan started this poll? A Cabs fan? A Hurcs fan? A Bush fan?

The ironic part is that I'm the one being reasonable.

Put yourself in the shoes of an Empire horn player or Hurcs Guard member who worked his or her butt off all year and has a picture of a 2008 caption trophy on his or her Facebook page.

actually Tom, I said not one word about other corps being subpar.

many of the DCA corps are ####### great. Outstanding, and in many other years, hands down DCA champs.

it's just right now, Bucs are better, just as it was the Brigs run and Empire's 90's success, Suns late 70's to late 80's run.

but please, while praising a corps that fired me at times can be painful, don't go saying i am saying other DCA corps are sub par, because I'm not. you're saying i'm saying it, not me.

Bro,

No whining here ... I'm just standing up for the hard working folks I got to know this summer (the ones with the brass trophy).

It just surprises me that you guys can't stay positive. I would love for one of you guys to really expand on the benefits of having the staff the Bucs have.

Just dissing the competition doesn't elevate the Bucs.

But you are right about one thing: Beating them will come through skilled preparation and hard work on the field.

Some corps has to get close enough first.

(Darn - I wish I weren't so super busy right now, or I'd expand on 1993 and 1994)

TA...see irony here?

when people praised brigs during their run ( and you were tied to them) a few other came to the attack...and wow, did you defend the Brigs. rightfully so, great ####### corps. Anyone whod ared to say whatever about the Brigs was wrong, incorrect, misinformed etc.

now the shoe's on the other foot. ironic no?

TA...see irony here?

when people praised brigs during their run ( and you were tied to them) a few other came to the attack...and wow, did you defend the Brigs. rightfully so, great ####### corps. Anyone whod ared to say whatever about the Brigs was wrong, incorrect, misinformed etc.

now the shoe's on the other foot. ironic no?

Thanks for getting it Jeff (I was hoping someone would - I'm not some bitter whiner who needs to do my "talking on the field" - I'm playing "the other side" of the debate from last decade.)...

Not in much mood to fight today... eyes are on the Buffalo Airport

Thanks for getting it Jeff (I was hoping someone would - I'm not some bitter whiner who needs to do my "talking on the field" - I'm playing "the other side" of the debate from last decade.)...

Not in much mood to fight today... eyes are on the Buffalo Airport

too bad, I find it much more entertaining when you come off as a bitter whiner..... Edited by VOReason