The Reading Buccaneers

Reading Buccaneers  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What makes them consistently superior?

• Better Design Staff
    • Better Instructional Staff
    • More Talented Membership
    • Better Work Ethic
    • Combination of the above
    • Other

Well, thanks for that backhanded compliment, whoever you are! I'm still curious as to which shows or parts of shows you're referring to. As you can tell, I am very proud of the product that the Renegades have put out the last seven years.

Larrie,

Don't get sucked in to this thread ...

And to rest of you (even you Empire supporters): Identify yourselves! Enough with the fake names already.

And don't any of you jokers even THINK about picking a fight with Larrie Dastrup. He's on EVERYBODY's short list of greatest soloists in the history of this activity.

And c'mon, how can you diss the Renegades? THEY own Paetec Park.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Identify yourselves! Enough with the fake names already.

Ok Ok my name is really Kathleen

"Difficult" is relative to the ensemble, yes?
Yes..difficult is relative to the talent, maturity, fitness, etc., of the ensemble. Which is precisely why your DCA corps try not to bite off more than they can chew. As much as I respected and enjoyed Bush's show last year, it did hurt their competitive chances. Simply not enough time or show opportunities in the modern DCA schedule. And interestingly, many of you seem to disagree with my assessment of the overall difficulty in the circuit, however many of the same folks consider Reading's show easy. Got news for you...the rest of the DCA has at MOST the same level of difficultly, and in most case less than the Bucs, except for Bush. Example of a DCA corps with difficulty??...late 80's Sun. Of course that was a vastly different era.... Edited by VOReason

Someone had it right a couple of pages ago. We could have closed the thread then.

The difference is Boof. He is a mythical drum writing creature.

I've heard rumors that he might be bones as well. Can anybody confirm.

That and they have a near god like half man half horse named Chris Feist. No one else in DCA has Bones and a demigod on staff.

Yes..difficult is relative to the talent, maturity, fitness, etc., of the ensemble.

And the consistency and amount of rehearsal time is a huge factor as well, yes?

Which is precisely why your DCA corps try not to bite off more than they can chew.

Exactlly. Therefore I think it is totally inaccurate to say that no DCA corps is doing anything difficult, unless you're applying the standards of a different activity.

Are DCA corps' programs as challenging as a touring junior corps or top level competitive marching band? No. But then, if those groups had to operate with the restrictions placed on DCA corps, they wouldn't be doing that level of material either.

Hmm, Now it makes sense. I still think that they could push Reading even farther, those kids have a lot of talent in them. Like others have said, after winning for 4 years, why not push the corps even further.

reading's drum books have gotten progressively more difficult since 2005.

Someone had it right a couple of pages ago. We could have closed the thread then.

The difference is Boof. He is a mythical drum writing creature.

I've heard rumors that he might be bones as well. Can anybody confirm.

That and they have a near god like half man half horse named Chris Feist. No one else in DCA has Bones and a demigod on staff.

boof is bones.

Edited by big old drummer man

Don't confuse logical with easier.

See marchers lunging forward trying to make a spot? That's not intended velocity, it's poorly designed drill

See drummers ramming out notes like crazy? That's not a display of technical virtuosity, it's a non-musical drum book

See corps play loud and ugly the entire show? That's not exciting, it's the Renegades.

Don't diminsh the challenges of Reading's program (sans guard). Because it makes sense and is done well it can appear to the unitiated (or ES supporter) to be simple.

you had me at hello til you said the Renegades were ugly. Loud yes.

Hmm, Now it makes sense. I still think that they could push Reading even farther, those kids have a lot of talent in them. Like others have said, after winning for 4 years, why not push the corps even further.

yeah all those kids like 50 something Walt Street. they aint as young as everyone thinks. the aussies can be deceiving