James Logan 2009 Show

kcee

A poster on world of pageantry was kind enough to post Logan’s show title and explain what the show is about. I got the chance to see it YouTube before it was removed but I had no idea what it was based off.

So Logan's 2009 show is entitled "The Dreamtime". According to the websitehttp://www.crystalinks.com/dreamtime.html, the show is based off of The 'Aboriginal Dreamtime'. Aborigines have the longest continuous cultural history of any group of people on Earth - dating back - by some estimates - 65,000 years. Dreamtime is Aboriginal Religion and Culture. The Dreamtime contains many parts: It is the story of things that have happened, how the universe came to be, how human beings were created and how the Creator intended for humans to function within the cosmos, As with all other cultures - it speaks of Earth's Creation by Gods and Goddesses - some of whom were kind hearted - while others were cruel. The Aborigines called this potency the "Dreaming" of a place, and this Dreaming constitutes the sacredness of the earth. Only in extraordinary states of consciousness can one be aware of, or attuned to, the inner dreaming of the Earth. Their soundtrack is inspired by the Digeridoo, an wind instrument used by Aborigines of North Austrailia.

Check out the website to view some pictures of Aboriginal Dreamtime to get an idea of what Logan’s show will be about.

Edited by kcee

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their show is up on WGI Network now...check it out. It's a little messy and a few drops but the season is just getting started so I expect them to get even better. Any thoughts about their show?

Edited by kcee

the one thought I had when watching online was that possibly their score suffered from the vantage point in the gym. hard to see everything that was going on. (plus still being a dirty but that is understandable right now).

I agree with vantage point comment, it was way up too close for me. The gym looked really tiny and it looked as if the guard was ontop of the fans and judges!. I would like to see their show in a bigger venue, most likely it would look 10x better. It takes a couple viewings of their show to truly grasp everything that is going on, each time I watch it I like it more and more.

Edited by kcee

I really liked the show up until the props and wings came out at the end. They lost me at that point.

I really liked the show up until the props and wings came out at the end. They lost me at that point.

Really? I liked that part a lot, I thought it was really different and I liked the change in the music. Although I think they can clean that part up a lot, it didn't really read that well on video, but then again it was shot so up close that I can't really tell what type of formation they were in.

Edited by kcee

I really enjoyed James Logan's show. The ending was a bit odd (in terms of what they've done in the past) but I liked it alot. Different - and we need a TON of different in this activity.

I don't know if they'll win in April (I'm still pulling for Avon), but it certainly will be a treat to see this show live.

I really liked the show but I would love to see logan return to that rich edgey style they had in 05 of the hip hop feel of the past...with that said I think the show this year is a nice breath of fresh air compared to some SW shows which are good but not different

i felt like the dingo's ate my baby! :angry:

I'm not sure about that show

I'm hoping that it reads differently live - seems really odd on screen and doesn't seem to have the usual Logan highs and lows that are written into the show.

We'll see in Dayton - but I agree that it's nice to see guards trying something different!

Later,

Mike