2 new west coast shows

Galen

I believe the Bakersfield show in 1999 was the closest I came to death. You know it was uncomfortably hot if it stands out a decade later.

Yep. Heat (all through the entire Central Valley & up through Sacramento) is ugly, and it's a Mediterranean heat. Having lived there, I remember trying to sleep at 10pm with the temperature outside the house still being in the upper 80's.

A brilliant move! DCI will avail itself of the potentially HUGE audience of tourists that travel to Bakersfield in July each year.

:thumbup:

It wouldn't be DCI's decision. If there's a body in Bakersfield that wants to host a show, well... they can. All they have to do is pay DCI the proper fees to do so.

AFAIK, it was supposed to be in Templeton, right next to SLO. The band director there is a FMM of Spirit of Atlanta and SF Renegades. Don;t know what happened. Must e-mail Dave.

Garry in Vegas

Dave "Flight of the White Boy" Landers??? Didn't know he was a band director...

I am hosting Santa Clara Vanguard at the school I work at right before the Eugene show. They'll be staying at Brookings-Harbor High School in Brookings, Oregon from June 29-July 1. This is the FIRST time a drum corps has come to the southern Oregon coast. If any of you have been here, you KNOW how gorgeous it is here!

They'll experience temps in the mid to high 60s/low 70s, ocean breezes, foggy mornings, and bar-b-que hosted by the whole town on their last day! I am coming home from teaching the Colts the day before they arrive. The night before, they'll be in the central CA valley (Merced, I believe)....temps over 100, dust, heat, smog. Eww. A few hours later, the kids might need sweatshirts!! They might be taking a few hours one day to run down to the beach and dive in the Pacific...a nice break!

Anyway, if anyone's in the area, come hang out and watch the Vanguard rehearse!

A brilliant move! DCI will avail itself of the potentially HUGE audience of tourists that travel to Bakersfield in July each year.

:worthy:

Hahahahahahahahahaha..... :thumbdown:

This is the single funniest thing I have ever read in DCP.