Buglers Hall of Fame

The Buglers Hall of Fame is proud to announce the third annual North American Championship for Individual and Ensemble Brass and Percussion, Mixed Ensembles, Mini-Corps and Alumni Corps. The show is being co-sponsored by Dynasty and Kanstul Musical Instruments and will take place Saturday, March 28, 2009 at the Germania Schwaben Hall, 416 Horace Street, Bridgeport, Ct. Start time is 1 pm.

The show is open to all performers regardless of affiliation. Our prior show (The Garfield Regional) held in co-sponsorship with the NY Skyliner Alumni on Feb 28th was a great success with over 35 performers and special guest appearance by the Holy Name (Garfield Cadets) Alumni who brough the house down with "King of Kings".

There are numerous entries in all catagories including The Romeo's, St Kevins, Capital Brass, West Sayville Golden Eagles, St Rita's Brassmen, The Selden Cadets, Park City Pride, The Connecticut Alumni. Special performances by BHOF members include, Ruben Ariola, Kenton Clarke, Frank Dorritie, Bob Gaff, Eddie Hayward, Art Hlywa, Jimmy Maldonado, Tom Martin, Dave (Booch) Negri, Frank Ponzo, Ritchie Price, John (Grass) Urspruch, Jim Cossetti and more.

Entry forms may be obtained by logging on to buglershalloffame.com and downloading the Entry Application. You may fax you entry to 203-334-1083 so we may schedule you into the show. Also, you can enter the day of the show starting at 12 noon. Admission for non participants is $ 10.00 per person the day of the show.

There is a full cash bar and hot food available.

mark your calendars!!!!! for March 28, 2009.

Best,

Anthony Convertito

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buglers Hall of Fame is proud to announce the third annual North American Championship for Individual and Ensemble Brass and Percussion, Mixed Ensembles, Mini-Corps and Alumni Corps. The show is being co-sponsored by Dynasty and Kanstul Musical Instruments and will take place Saturday, March 28, 2009 at the Germania Schwaben Hall, 416 Horace Street, Bridgeport, Ct. Start time is 1 pm.

The show is open to all performers regardless of affiliation. Our prior show (The Garfield Regional) held in co-sponsorship with the NY Skyliner Alumni on Feb 28th was a great success with over 35 performers and special guest appearance by the Holy Name (Garfield Cadets) Alumni who brough the house down with "King of Kings".

There are numerous entries in all catagories including The Romeo's, St Kevins, Capital Brass, West Sayville Golden Eagles, St Rita's Brassmen, The Selden Cadets, Park City Pride, The Connecticut Alumni. Special performances by BHOF members include, Ruben Ariola, Kenton Clarke, Frank Dorritie, Bob Gaff, Eddie Hayward, Art Hlywa, Jimmy Maldonado, Tom Martin, Dave (Booch) Negri, Frank Ponzo, Ritchie Price, John (Grass) Urspruch, Jim Cossetti and more.

Entry forms may be obtained by logging on to buglershalloffame.com and downloading the Entry Application. You may fax you entry to 203-334-1083 so we may schedule you into the show. Also, you can enter the day of the show starting at 12 noon. Admission for non participants is $ 10.00 per person the day of the show.

There is a full cash bar and hot food available.

mark your calendars!!!!! for March 28, 2009.

Everyone here at St Kevins is looking forward to be part of this show.

Best,

Anthony Convertito

Our prior show (The Garfield Regional) held in co-sponsorship with the NY Skyliner Alumni on Feb 28th was a great success with over 35 performers and special guest appearance by the Holy Name (Garfield Cadets) Alumni who brough the house down with "King of Kings"

Results?

Review?

I can't wait. I had sooooooooo much fun in Gahfield, I wouldn't miss this party for anything. If I can get Bucky to attend he can buy me beer, right Andy?

They do serve Yuengling. It is, after all, a German club.......that's almost Penna. Dutch

Well , I'll say how I feel . We have a couple of weeks till the show. I am not in competition .Doing exhibition with The St.Kevin Emerald Knights . Man we are really looking forward to this show. Feels like the old days at rehearsal .Like getting ready for a big National ! See you all soon.

Mike D.

I can't wait. I had sooooooooo much fun in Gahfield, I wouldn't miss this party for anything. If I can get Bucky to attend he can buy me beer, right Andy?

They do serve Yuengling. It is, after all, a German club.......that's almost Penna. Dutch

Yah Yah ... So So ... you tinkin' dat Bucky un buy you a beer? ... yah well ... you better tink some more ... if Sir Bucket of Swine likes you ... he das let YOU buy HIM a beer!!!

Andy "lookin' to announcin' und doin' some drinkin' :smile: " Lisko

Not fer nuthin' Andy, but I just re-read Anthony's post on the I&E and would like to throw this out for general consumption and that of our membership:

I can't wait to attend. Not only to perform as a soloist and, hopefully, in a duet (that's 2 horns playing together, hopefully in tune and the same piece), but to also get an opportunity to jam with brothers in the BHOF.......something we don't get to do often. I look at my brothers and am still overwhelmed with the talent in the Hall. THAT's special. Look around.........this might be the last time some of these same folks may be able to join voices together and lift them in praise of our common heritage and the activity we live to honor.

However, the last but not least reason is to help the BHOF reach financial goals by helping support this program. Therefore I'm asking any fellow member who hasn't made up their mind to attend and support spiritually, financially and socially.........please, please come out for the day..........kick in your ticket to help the cause and allow this enterprise to continue its good work. There are many, many other worthy players who've paid their dues and who have earned the opportunity to be voted on by the membership. Application forms may be found on the site and anyone is welcome to submit. Our acceptance is limited only by our ability to support the process, so your contribution and attendance are critical to expanding our roll.

For anyone out there not in the BHOF, but not decided........you'll miss a great opportunity to see, hear, rub elbows with these guys.....and be entertained beyond the normal and usual.......c'mon out. Attend. Be part of. Support. Enjoy.........we need you...........

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez, who would have thought I could get serious. That's a side that only a few have been allowed to see. Tha passion for our chosen activity burns deep in us all..........thanx for listening

Yah Yah ... So So ... you tinkin' dat Bucky un buy you a beer? ... yah well ... you better tink some more ... if Sir Bucket of Swine likes you ... he das let YOU buy HIM a beer!!!

Andy "lookin' to announcin' und doin' some drinkin' :smile: " Lisko

Well said Jim!!!! :smile:

See you again in 2 weeks!!!!

Not fer nuthin' Andy, but I just re-read Anthony's post on the I&E and would like to throw this out for general consumption and that of our membership:

I can't wait to attend. Not only to perform as a soloist and, hopefully, in a duet (that's 2 horns playing together, hopefully in tune and the same piece), but to also get an opportunity to jam with brothers in the BHOF.......something we don't get to do often. I look at my brothers and am still overwhelmed with the talent in the Hall. THAT's special. Look around.........this might be the last time some of these same folks may be able to join voices together and lift them in praise of our common heritage and the activity we live to honor.

However, the last but not least reason is to help the BHOF reach financial goals by helping support this program. Therefore I'm asking any fellow member who hasn't made up their mind to attend and support spiritually, financially and socially.........please, please come out for the day..........kick in your ticket to help the cause and allow this enterprise to continue its good work. There are many, many other worthy players who've paid their dues and who have earned the opportunity to be voted on by the membership. Application forms may be found on the site and anyone is welcome to submit. Our acceptance is limited only by our ability to support the process, so your contribution and attendance are critical to expanding our roll.

For anyone out there not in the BHOF, but not decided........you'll miss a great opportunity to see, hear, rub elbows with these guys.....and be entertained beyond the normal and usual.......c'mon out. Attend. Be part of. Support. Enjoy.........we need you...........

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez, who would have thought I could get serious. That's a side that only a few have been allowed to see. Tha passion for our chosen activity burns deep in us all..........thanx for listening

Technically dude, wouldn't most people's elbows be rubbing shoulders or ears with yours?

You, my brother are a man of few words, but you sure use the ones you know a whole Lot!!!!

Edited by rayfallon