Colts; First March Camp Update

Every aspect of the show is designed around what the Colts do best. The guard caption head is a co-designer, the percussion writer is the caption head, the brass arranger is at every camp. All of these people have been around the Colts for years and know what works and, as the DCI world saw last year, what doesn't work. The music is written around a hornline that has a great technique, a huge dark sound, and knows how to emote. The drum book is written to be clean and effective without being extremely difficult. The show itself is much different this year. The only word to describe it is aggressive. These kids are in it to make a statement. I think this year will turn the Colts into a contending corps on a regular basis.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to the Colts this year! I hope to see you guys back in finals!

I was at the last camp. What I heard was really good. The brass sounds like they are going to have a great summer. The percussion's sound is way better. I have never heard them sound this good so early. The guard looks amazing. This is a very hard working corps. Never underestimate what a group can do in a short amount of time. There is still a couple of brass spots open. All is welcome. This corps is very interesting. If you ever get a chance to be around the Colts, check them out. The support they have is just amazing. They have so many volunteers at every camp, they don't even know what to do with some of them. If anyone is free the weekend of April 26, I would advice you to go to Iowa and see their Debut.

:smile: Colts have come together in a Big way early on. I had the pleasure of hearing the kids at the 1st March camp and WOW, I had goose-bumps listening to them perform. Brass sounds good & strong, percussion sounds much better early on, and the guard looks amazing. I could feel the energy & buzz that I usually don't feel until much later in the season. I think they have "Got It!" The show Fathoms is much diffrent from their past shows, and this Corps has the potential to do good things, so watch out. I did notice that they may still have a few hornline holes to fill, so if you are still interested in being part of this amazing group, contact www.colts.org. don't miss out on an experience of a lifetime. Looking forward to Watching this corps all summer. Go Red Team!

What roled does Michael Cesario have with the Colts now? Forgive me I've been under a rock.

Not to get off topic, but because Colts are going oceanic in theme, what exactly could they do with water on the field? I forget what exactly the new rule allows. Anybody?