High note National Anthem

Martybucs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the that trumpet used by one of the guys in Mnozil brass?

(If you haven't seen them it's great! like monty python funny and with some seriously awesome brass playing)

I think it is, don't know who else makes a horn that looks like that. I love Mnozil!!!! :lookaround:

I dont see why its so "cool" to play high. As a trumpet player and a musician its your responsibility to play musically.....thats not musical IMO. You should only do it if you actually have tone in that register and its a "FAT" sound, oh and IN tune! It drives me crazy when people have that thin tone when they try to play super high and they cram the mouth piece into their lips. Go down to a comfortable octave and sound good there for heaven sakes!.....if possible. When people make videos like that it just reminds me of high school and how all the trumpets would try to play the highest.....its not cool at all. Its not worth it to sacrifice tone to play high. But this is my own honest opinion. :lookaround::blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Supersop08

I dont see why its so "cool" to play high. As a trumpet player and a musician its your responsibility to play musically.....thats not musical IMO. You should only do it if you actually have tone in that register and its a "FAT" sound, oh and IN tune! It drives me crazy when people have that thin tone when they try to play super high and they cram the mouth piece into their lips. Go down to a comfortable octave and sound good there for heaven sakes!.....if possible. When people make videos like that it just reminds me of high school and how all the trumpets would try to play the highest.....its not cool at all. Its not worth it to sacrifice tone to play high. But this is my own honest opinion. :lookaround::blink: :blink: :blink:

I was giving my honest opinion! :thumbup::thumbup:

I dont see why its so "cool" to play high. As a trumpet player and a musician its your responsibility to play musically.....thats not musical IMO. You should only do it if you actually have tone in that register and its a "FAT" sound, oh and IN tune! It drives me crazy when people have that thin tone when they try to play super high and they cram the mouth piece into their lips. Go down to a comfortable octave and sound good there for heaven sakes!.....if possible. When people make videos like that it just reminds me of high school and how all the trumpets would try to play the highest.....its not cool at all. Its not worth it to sacrifice tone to play high. But this is my own honest opinion. :thumbup: :thumbup: :devil: :devil:

Are you talking about the YouTube video? That's just hilarious fun. I can't believe so many players post videos of themselves just hitting high notes! Even if a lot of the videos are just snipped to get one note.

I get your rant, but really now, who doesn't try to sound their best always, especially in performance? The stuff on YouTube is usually just people messing around. There was nothing musical about the National Anthem in that video, however, it is a funny, video editing tour de force! That's what you're supposed to get out of it. You totally missed it.

Edited by Martybucs

One of the guys in the video has a weird looking trumpet. The bell portion is bent down in the middle then comes back up at the flair and the bell is normal.

I have a contrabass that looks like that ...........

......... ever since someone backed the equipment truck over it.

I have a contrabass that looks like that ...........

......... ever since someone backed the equipment truck over it.

:thumbup:

I had a Strad that had a similar fate, but was unrecognizable after the incident.

ProTec case didn't survive, fortunately my mpc was unharmed.

Are you talking about the YouTube video? That's just hilarious fun. I can't believe so many players post videos of themselves just hitting high notes! Even if a lot of the videos are just snipped to get one note.

I get your rant, but really now, who doesn't try to sound their best always, especially in performance? The stuff on YouTube is usually just people messing around. There was nothing musical about the National Anthem in that video, however, it is a funny, video editing tour de force! That's what you're supposed to get out of it. You totally missed it.

oops...I missed that memo :thumbup: :thumbup: :devil:

...84BDSop, is it still called "F Tuning" when it's in concert Bb? :thumbup:

Well, it was(and is) called "F Tuning" when it's in concert G, and started on a concert C, so...

:thumbup: