Rochester Crusaders Rhythm & Brass Indoor Concert

Thanks for the invite!

The CB! Brass Ensemble will be performing a program of all-new material for the concert; an eclectic mix with something for everyone:

Hallelujah Chorus

Bohemian Rhapsody

America

Cartoon Capers- Episode 2

Edited by brassomaniac

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochester Crusaders’ 2nd annual Rhythm & Brass Musical Show is this Saturday, April 4th at 7 pm, in East Rochester, NY.

We (the Ghost Riders) will be presenting our 2009 production. Stop out to catch us along with Prime Time Brass, Capital Brass!, Da Line (percussion) and the host corps; The Rochester Crusaders.

Follow this link for more info.

<a href="http://www.rochestercrusaders.org/pages/show/Rhythm%20&%20Brass" target="_blank">http://www.rochestercrusaders.org/pages/sh...20&%20Brass</a>

Rod Keppel

Co-Director

Ghost Riders (from parts unknown)

Ghost Riders rehearsal went extremely well last night. We are all very excited about this years accomplishments so far. Looking forward to the performance tonight. The personnel have stepped up their pace and the writing is top notch. The percussion is on the money ....... let's not forget .....HUGE entertainment value. All the groups on stage tonight will deliver. Come ONE.... Come ALL .....

It is finally paying off to have replacement personnel that step up when these kids today tell us on Thursday that have a concert that night, or something similar...Like they didnt know that until Thursday, LOL.

Anyway, we will attempt out 2009 show and hope for the best. Wait until the spectacular climax of our show featuring the only drummer that could step up in Rick Rogers absence...HOF'er BIG Bill McGrath!!!

Donny

Nice, Donny! Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Wish we had that luxury over here. Conflicting schedules have been a real problem for us, from the start. And with a tiny group, there's not much back up.

My solution has been to have material at the ready, which can be performed with a smaller group, when we have to. Even with that, we often have to jump around to new parts (like last week in Bridgeport) when someone becomes suddenly unavailable.

My guys have been pretty resiliant though, and I have to give them a ton of credit. Doing this project has not been easy for the players.

Anyway... hope you all enjoy our little presentation tonite!

:soapbox:

Edited by brassomaniac

Great job by all........

Now off to practice.

Good luck Cru!

Unfortunately. Cru is at rehearsal at 9 am this morning and I am out the door to distribute more of our lottery calendars which will be on another post shortly but when I return I will have some thoughts and review for you, Gary! :mad:

Too bad you and the Erie Crew couldn't have made a road trip

to see a nice preview show to the upcoming season....... :soapbox: !

How about a review?,..........

I wish I had 5 seconds to do a review. From what I heard, I think it was a great show. Thank you on behalf of the Crusaders and the East Rochester School District to all who attended and performed.

Now on to the next performances.

Mighty Saint Joe's Classic

and the Rhythm & Brass Concert on May 2nd at Webster Schroeder High School in Webster, New York.

I was happy with Ghost Riders debut. Thanks for inviting us. Prime Time Brass had a good show, Capital Brass was entertaining with their cartoon medleys and a cool arrangement of Sway...Cru has a very nice book from Jim Prime. The drum line feature was also a nice touch. Old St. Joe guys that still have theat rudimental thing down ver well...Dominic Carusone and John Klein were so together that you didnt hear one tick...

DA