The OFFICIAL 2009 Phantom Regiment Thread

Rewrites, rewrites and rewrites.

Why is this the norm for this corps?

Why do they have so spend so much time rewriting everything?

The first movement has been rewritten to the point that some of the pretty good drill from the first portion of the tour has been replaced by less interesting drill.

Now they are working on the second number.............?

Probably because less interesting drill = easier = cleaner.

Would you prefer that they ignore the judges comments, stick their heads in the sand and not change a thing all year long?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you prefer that they ignore the judges comments, stick their heads in the sand and not change a thing all year long?

I would prefer that they come out with something that they don't have to rewrite and then clean from the point of the rewrite.

Rewrites are necessary to compete, however the degree to which a corp must do rewrites is the issue. Adding (IMO) shows a plan. Rewriting portions of the show shows poor planning.

I can't comment on what Phantom is doing but they have one of the best staffs and if they are doing massive rewrites, it's better to do it sooner than later.

My opinion since bloomington hasn't changed, I'm hoping this was the plan from the begining and they have a lot of surprises for us!

Edited by Phantombari1

less interesting drill also = less GE

the drill interesting points that are no longer there in the opener weren't necessarily that difficult. (assuming you're talking about the drill that was reminiscent of cadets 05 drum solo drill Lincoln?? and what comes right before it)

i really wish they would just get rid of the whole theme soli section (musically and visually) and replace it with something at a faster tempo and more exciting, or just ... make it better that section kills me.

I really hope the 2nd mvt re-write is better than the 1st mvt rewrite. the opener may need a 3rd re-write imo... and the ending

ballad is ok i guess..

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :tongue:

ugh this is frustrating

thank goodness for their stellar performers and brass and percussion staff!

I would prefer that they come out with something that they don't have to rewrite and then clean from the point of the rewrite.

it'd help if they'd find a high quality drill designer first.

i really wish they would just get rid of the whole theme soli section (musically and visually) and replace it with something at a faster tempo and more exciting, or just ... make it better that section kills me.

amen to that. if they'd just cut that section out, it'd be a lot better.

Okay PR, time to stop dinking around out there. Now you have Blue Stars AND Boston hot on your tails. I have faith you'll kick it up a notch here but still.