The OFFICIAL 2009 Phantom Regiment Thread

While I wish the good/evil story were a little more crisp like PR 2006, I'd almost say that storyline details are among the least of their design worries.

If you want the story to be more crisp, how about this:

As soon as the woman in the red dress gets the red violin, it's magic powers turn her into Xena: Warrior Princess.

At the same type, the good wife becomes Gabrielle....Xena's "friend." They get together and impale the guy who originally got the violin off the pauper (at the beginning of the show).

For the remainder of the show, they slay the male members of the guard because after all, Xena didn't really like the company of men. This returns Phantom to the all female "Warrior Princess" guards of the past.

xenaandgab-450.jpg

Edited by LincolnV

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was driving through Los Angeles heading up to NorCal for the shows this past weekend, I saw a personalized license plate on a car that read "RED VYLN".

Sucked that I was towing a trailer and the car was in the number 1 lane going much faster. I couldn't get the camera to power up fast enough or speed up to cet close enough to get a picture.

I was just reading the Scouts thread about the corps seeking a male "character" actor for their show. Some think that their show is not working. Needs someone to portray their theme. Got me to thinking...

...Does Phantom need someone to dance around in all red and "be" the Red Violin?

Just thinkin' out loud.

I was just reading the Scouts thread about the corps seeking a male "character" actor for their show. Some think that their show is not working. Needs someone to portray their theme. Got me to thinking...

...Does Phantom need someone to dance around in all red and "be" the Red Violin?

Just thinkin' out loud.

...kinda like that thought!

Drop the 'people' and make it more of a journey of the violin.

.......hummmmmm.....

You know, I wasn’t aware of the Faust story until after the season was over – I just thought they had head devil dude and head guard chick dancing and I was cool with that, the show still worked for me. It struck a nice balance, they story was there if you wanted it or you could be oblivious and enjoy the show on its own merits, the show (imo) wasn’t dependent upon the story – it was just an added touch

Not so much the case last year

So I too wonder if ‘the story’ is worth it too, kind of doubt it – seems like Regiment got burned by the ‘Spartacus Effect’

To all the Regiment Phamily Members: I'm buying some stuff for the food truck tomorrow and taking it to them while they're rehearsing in Murfreesboro. I've also spoken to Mr. Daniel Treuman about bringing some "Buick love." If you have a relative who is a member of the corps in need of something or would like a care package, pm me and tell me what they would like.

THANKS!

thought i'd dig up this thread and post a little bit of info.

Phans & Phamily Members, you should be SO PROUD of your kids. they are working so hard right now and it's going to pay off now that they're really starting to believe in the show. AWESOME.

i'm not much of a photographer, but i thought i'd take a picture or two. i'm more interested in watching and listening so i didn't invest a lot of time in snapping shots. sorry for the quality but my new BlackBerry doesn't have the best camera, especially if using the zoom. it's not anywhere as good as my Voyager was.

n52705201_32250111_3996469.jpg

Koji, Dwight (?), and some unidentifiable guy running visual rehearsal

n52705201_32250112_3469099.jpg

more visual rehearsal

n52705201_32250110_6914863.jpg

not only did i buy this year's tour shirt and the "phan" shirt, i also got my soon to be 4 month old niece a onesie. gotta make sure she starts off on the right foot! ;)

Field Pass: Tuning up the Red Violin

With less than three weeks left in the season, Phantom Regiment has just completed a massive overhaul of its 2009 show "The Red Violin." In today’s Field Pass, Dan Potter talks with Regiment program director Dan Farrell about those changes as well as the challenges the corps is working to overcome in 2009.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=c...42-2b65c5688a77

Field Pass: Drum Corps in the Sultry South

includes Phantom Alumni Drumline!

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1...ee-7a18576f1d38