The OFFICIAL 2009 Phantom Regiment Thread

The performance at day 2 of Allentown seemed right on. I'm liking the show a lot more after the tweaks. The new drill is looking pretty crisp but that one set that has been in there for a while, the big 4-lined "vibrating strings" set where the 4 lines sort of jazz-run "wave" back and forth through one another is dirty. Still.

Too bad they did not get rewarded in visual for their improvements in visual! The music is awesome and the guard is improved from before, though I still find the dark-ish guard unis kind of blend with the field but that's probably because I've unfortunately only seen it via Fan Network.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drill rewrites they've chosen for the end of the second tune (I've heard this referred to as the second tune, with the jazzy tune being the third tune) look nearly impossible for them to clean. These are the sets that begin with the four vertical lines that start out almost like Cavies DNA drill.

I don't remember what they were doing before - haven't looked at the old VODs. But it looks like pretty glaring mistake, methinks.

Love the vlogs. Good stuff. You know, the jazz section this year reminds me of some of my favorite stuff from the Bridgemen - the way the horns and drums fit together, and the snare shots. Go Regiment! Believe!

Friends and alumni of the Phantom Regiment! Be sure to make a stop at the Rock Bottom Brewery part of your Indianapolis agenda! We will gather there in the billiards room from noon to 5 PM on August 8th. The restaurant/pub can be found at 10 West Washington Street which is located about 4 blocks north and 2 blocks east of Lucas Oil Stadium.

There's an App for That

If you love all those iPhone or iTouch applications, AND you're a Phantom Regiment phan - then you'll love our new Regiment application! The cost is only $1.99, and 50% of the proceeds go directly to the organization.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...PJQv908N04uzRSg

This is our first venture into the iPhone app - and we're going to continue to add more video, photos, and the like. We hope you enjoy it!

Rick

2009 Shout-outs

As the 2009 season is coming to an end, members of Phantom Regiment take time out to say thanks to loved ones for all their support.

This Weeks ONLY Open Rehearsal

Tonight is the only time rehearsal will be open to friends and family. After this rehearsal, the rest of the week will consists of closed rehearsals. Tonights rehearsal will be in uniform, and will run from 7p to 10p. The address is: 5401 West 71st St, Indy, IN 46268

Edited by chaos001

For All Regiment Alumni and Phans!

There are two gatherings of Regiment alums and fans from all over the world this weekend in or near Indy!

Friday, August 7th

There will be an informal gathering of Phantom Regiment Alumni at the Oliver Winery on Friday, August 7, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (or longer). The Oliver Winery is located on the far north side of Bloomington, IN at 8024 N. State Road 37 (about a 45 minute drive from downtown Indy). The gathering will be a nice way to warm-up for the PRAA Alumni party on Saturday.

Saturday, August 8th

To end the drum corp season, alumni and friends of the Phantom Regiment will be gathering as we do every year, in the hours just prior to DCI finals. This year the event will be held on August 8th from Noon - 5:00 PM at the Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, 10 West Washington Street in Indianapolis which is located about 4 blocks north and 2 blocks east of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Please plan to join us in the Billiards Room, aka basement, and come hungry! Thirsty never seems to be an issue with these phans! We have a minimum purchase agreement with the restaurant so any and all food and drink ordered from our venue will be credited to the contracted amount. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Questions? Contact Renee at rfieldh@yahoo.com

We hope you can join us and please help spread the word about both events!