Is your name everything response

GuarDiva09

I know the topic was closed but I just wanted to say a few things

Many guards have well respected names, such as Sac, Pride, Fantasia, Onyx and so on

Most guards started small and grew to the top

I believe with names like those you are held to higher standards than the rest, maybe not standards but expectations. Everyone expects prida to be amazing and onyx to be amazing and so on. There for sure has been times guard made finals or got a medal due to their name, like ANY SPORT in this world, there is politics behind it all. BUT sometimes politics are pushed aside. Look at Alter Ego they went years without being an Ind Open class finalist to winning the class. Thier show in 2008 was breathtaking and so emotional, and they had HANDS! They showed WGI we can come in and take it ALL and they were great.

Sometimes your name hurts and sometimes it helps, especially depending on the reputation of your staff.

Either way we all work hard to show a great product in the end

This is true. I 100% agree with you on Alter Ego. The show was beautiful. But some guards get a little to much credit in my opinion just because of there name. I still stick to my statement about Chactaw. There not the only ones. I don't agree with Fantasias Win in 2008 with a 99.5 as well. Im entitled to an opinion and that's what I believe.

Can someone please close this? geez! Take a hint!

why close it.seems a legit question...ok dont name names if you dont want BUT we all know world class is a world of double standards..thats for sure...those of us who have experienced it for many years can vouch for that..even the top elite will agree.

Agree or not, this topic is going to go sour fast. We already have a topic on judging too.

CLOSE THIS. CLOSE IT FAST MODERATORS!