Best 5th Place Show?

Wow, I'm surprised at how easy of a choice this was. It's got to be 2005 Bluecoats.

I can never decide what show I like better, 2005 or 2006, but since 2006 has to compete against 2000 SCV, I know I've got to give the Bluecoats a nod while I still can.

Very, very honorable mentions to 1995 Phantom, 1997 Scouts, 2000 Boston (which might be my favorite show from the very first contest I ever attended), and 2003 SCV. Each of those shows fully deserve any and all credit they receive from us. 1999 and 2001 Glassmen deserve a nod, as well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1991 BD

HM for me - 1978 Bridgemen

... and call me what you will, but I liked 2006 Cadets. It was a little too busy when I saw it live for the first time, but quite honestly the unorthodox nature of the show has caused us to underrate a truly talented corps, with one of the truly great ballads and use of amplified voice that I've yet heard.

... and call me what you will, but I liked 2006 Cadets. It was a little too busy when I saw it live for the first time, but quite honestly the unorthodox nature of the show has caused us to underrate a truly talented corps, with one of the truly great ballads and use of amplified voice that I've yet heard.

As far as underrate.... Do you think 5th place is an underrated place for a drum corps? Because I think 5th place is a huge reward for any unit...

The Cadets were only .1 out of 4th place....behind one of the finest Bluecoats ever fielded. I don't thinkl the Cadets were by any means underrated...this is evident by the tight score to an outstanding Bluecoats performance and score...

As far as underrate.... Do you think 5th place is an underrated place for a drum corps? Because I think 5th place is a huge reward for any unit...

The Cadets were only .1 out of 4th place....behind one of the finest Bluecoats ever fielded. I don't thinkl the Cadets were by any means underrated...this is evident by the tight score to an outstanding Bluecoats performance and score...

Just as with if you look at 07, how Bluecoats were just .8 from 4th place. Just shows how tight it is in there and how close and high of a level all those shows were. If there were one or two more shows, who knows how those 4 spots would've turned out?

Just as with if you look at 07, how Bluecoats were just .8 from 4th place. Just shows how tight it is in there and how close and high of a level all those shows were. If there were one or two more shows, who knows how those 4 spots would've turned out?

The spread could have gotten even bigger too!!!

BAC 2000

its quite a travesty to see so few people voting for this show. Such an energetic show...tons of emotion. One of the very few shows that actually leaves me close to teary eyed by the end