Special or “secret” handshake

Did any of you out there (past or present) have a special pre show or secret handshake? I know some sections do it for hype and I remember having one for each section I've been apart of. Was it simple or complex? Is it a passed down tradition or do you make up a new one every season (or add on to an existing one)?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you out there (past or present) have a special pre show or secret handshake? I know some sections do it for hype and I remember having one for each section I've been apart of. Was it simple or complex? Is it a passed down tradition or do you make up a new one every season (or add on to an existing one)?

Before every Show Our Corps Dir. Mr. Bill Ellis (A Great Man) would go to every person and shake our hands with his lucky Silver Dollar in the palm of his hand.

I could tell you Calvin, but then...

:thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

Before every show the drum major would pound each members fist or head-wear depending and wished us a good show.

No, but we had a secret milk shake ...

umm... :thumbup:

Get your mind out of the gutter! :thumbup:

Anyway... I forget which show it was... somewhere in the north east... there was this awesome little ice cream place... which every corps went to after the show. It was fun getting to socialize with other corps, waiting in line for my what became a delicious black and white milkshake (after I begged someone to loan me money)

PS, I love milkshakes.

Handshakes are cool tool.

Get your mind out of the gutter! :thumbup:

Anyway... I forget which show it was... somewhere in the north east... there was this awesome little ice cream place... which every corps went to after the show. It was fun getting to socialize with other corps, waiting in line for my what became a delicious black and white milkshake (after I begged someone to loan me money)

PS, I love milkshakes.

Handshakes are cool tool.

Ft. Edwards, New York. Same show that is on a baseball field. I love that show...so much...

Ft. Edwards, New York. Same show that is on a baseball field. I love that show...so much...

That's what I was thinking, wasn't sure. Great show, great crowd! Had a lot of performing at that show.