Full DCA Schedule Released

MCL's site has the Antioch, TN show on 8/1, DCA has it 8/8. Which is it?

AUGUST 1

It is listed on the DCA site as Aug 1. Make sure you refreshed your browser before going to the DCA ite, as the "original" tentative schedule had the date a Aug 8. (see previous post regarding this)

Edited by DCASouth

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MCL's site has the Antioch, TN show on 8/1, DCA has it 8/8. Which is it?

It now says the 8/1.

August 1

Antioch TN

Antioch HS

7:00 PM

Sun Devils

Gulf Coast Sound

Shenandoah Sound

Lakeshoremen

Alliance

CorpsVets

Music City Legend

AUGUST 1

It is listed on the DCA site as Aug 1. Make sure you refreshed your browser before going to the DCA ite, as the "original" tentative schedule had the date a Aug 8. (see previous post regarding this)

Just checking to make sure I didn't see it wrong this morning. Thanks, Vic. :tongue:

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that these comments and my opinions are my own and DO NOT REFLECT those of the Reading Buccaneers or their Management.

They usually have 7 or 8 shows a season (not counting prelims and finals)

Yes, this is true. One thing I am fairly certain of is that JULY 4TH, a show day this year, IS and HAS BEEN one of if not the largest fund raising day of the year for the corps. They typically do 5 parades that day and I suspect that is happening again. I doubt the corps would be able to give that weekend up from a financial standpoint, especially with the economy. I know adding parades is what get's the corps up and down the road all summer. I believe I heard they added even more parade weekends this season? I'm not speaking for the corps or making excuses, but I know the July 4th tradition has been past practice.

I also recall having off DCI Championship weekends in prior years (some of the staff attends or are affiliated with dci corps) and I'm not sure if that is still happening.

Like I said: I'll allow the corps Public Relations spokesperson to speak for the corps, but knowing the Bucs, I am certain there are legitimate reasons why the number of show appearances are down one or two this year.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CORPS THIS YEAR!

David A. Faust

Reading Buccaneers

Different Years

Different Sections

Edited by dafepd

First off, I think the bucs are perfectly well represented at this year's show. That being said, I always wondered, how advantageous are more open weekends compared to doing more shows?

I figure you can clean what you have better if you have more weekends to do it. I also think that getting feedback from the judges tapes on a regular basis would be very beneficial as well. Not to mention getting you in the competitive mindset and getting you used to the demands of a show day...

I also always wondered if a corps would benefit from a full day of rest before finals... but that's getting too far off-topic.

If I could live forever, that'd be something I'd look into.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that these comments and my opinions are my own and DO NOT REFLECT those of the Reading Buccaneers or their Management.

Yes, this is true. One thing I am fairly certain of is that JULY 4TH, a show day this year, IS and HAS BEEN one of if not the largest fund raising day of the year for the corps. They typically do 5 parades that day and I suspect that is happening again. I doubt the corps would be able to give that weekend up from a financial standpoint, especially with the economy. I know adding parades is what get's the corps up and down the road all summer. I believe I heard they added even more parade weekends this season? I'm not speaking for the corps or making excuses, but I know the July 4th tradition has been past practice.

I also recall having off DCI Championship weekends in prior years (some of the staff attends or are affiliated with dci corps) and I'm not sure if that is still happening.

Like I said: I'll allow the corps Public Relations spokesperson to speak for the corps, but knowing the Bucs, I am certain there are legitimate reasons why the number of show appearances are down one or two this year.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CORPS THIS YEAR!

David A. Faust

Reading Buccaneers

Different Years

Different Sections

My comment wasn't an accusation or anything. Many corps have July 4th weekend and DCI weekend off for the same reasons (parades/DCI staff). I just stated the facts that they do have less shows than usual. The Bucs organization is a very effective one and there is no doubt in my mind their reasons for less shows are legitimate. Not that they even need to justify that decision publically. It just sucks for their fans who will see less of them this season.

Good luck to everybody!

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

My comment wasn't an accusation or anything. Many corps have July 4th weekend and DCI weekend off for the same reasons. I just stated the facts that they do have less shows than usual. The Bucs organization is a very effective one and there is no doubt in my mind their reasons for less shows are legitimate. Not that they even need to justify that decision publically. It just sucks for their fans who will see less of them this season.

Good luck to everybody!

Haven't checked the site yet but see Chambersburg is DCI now.... :tongue: So much for my most local show...... Guess save up energy for Lewisburg/Bucknell....

And yes, 4th of July in Baltimore is a big money maker as there are 5 parades that day. All are staggered out so corps like Buccs can hit them all. Will have to check if Shen Sound has a show that Saturday as corps would make the Havre de Grace (Baltimore area) parade to raise bus money then do the show at night. Haven't heard if the economy has hit these parades yet as a lot of businesses provide the money to support ($$$$) the groups marching.

Some corps have called the day of 4th of July parade in Baltimore "Bus Bill Day". :ph34r:

Edit: See the 4th is on a Saturday, so Havre de Grace will be on the 5th. And don't see a show in the VA (ShenSound area).

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Haven't checked the site yet but see Chambersburg is DCI now.... :tongue: So much for my most local show...... Guess save up energy for Lewisburg/Bucknell....

And yes, 4th of July in Baltimore is a big money maker as there are 5 parades that day. All are staggered out so corps like Buccs can hit them all. Will have to check if Shen Sound has a show that Saturday as corps would make the Havre de Grace (Baltimore area) parade to raise bus money then do the show at night. Haven't heard if the economy has hit these parades yet as a lot of businesses provide the money to support ($$$$) the groups marching.

Some corps have called the day of 4th of July parade in Baltimore "Bus Bill Day". :ph34r:

Edit: See the 4th is on a Saturday, so Havre de Grace will be on the 5th. And don't see a show in the VA (ShenSound area).

Shenandoah Sound is not hosting a show this year due to scheduling conflicts. Hopefully "Sounds of the South" will be back in full force next year.

In the mean time, you can check us out in the Magical Maryland Mystery Tour. Yup, we'll be there too.

How does this affect DCA South corps who were planning to attend Houston (as an official DCA show) and another show? Isn't there a minimum number of shows/scores needed in order to attend DCA Championships?