DCA Business Direction question

DCA's business side being run by someone from DCI….  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If a George Hopkins, Jeff Fiedler or David Gibbs wanted to get involved with DCA in a STRICTLY BUSINESS standpoint aspect, would you be for or against this?

• For
    • Against

For the drive and determination to never give up, Don Dean. Don knows how to work logistics getting a Canadian corps in an American circuit on the field. With the exception of '06 and '07, Grenadiers went from a small but VERY proud parade corps back to a competitive organization that represents Canada like no other.

I forget exactly when Don took on the duties of corps director but I know it has been a very worthy amount of years.

As for the top dogs in DCI. I would definitely say "YES!" If they have no access to change DCA into DCI, but can only help business models, marketing, budgeting I would be all for it. There are some very smart business men involved in drum corps. Cook Group anyone?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best people to get involved from a business standpoint from DCI (if they were willing) IMO would be some of the more successful Open Class directors: these are people who know how to do more things with less resources.

So, instead of Dave Gibbs and Hop . . .I'd get Rick Odello, Randy Blackburn (Teal Sound), and perhaps Bob Jacobs from the recently promoted Jersey Surf.

:grouphug:

I'm for it. I think those guys could learn a lot from a circuit that is growing.

Personally I don't want someone to learn from our circuit. I want someone who understands what we are all about already.

but maybe they'd understand how to keep from shrinking away

but maybe they'd understand how to keep from shrinking away

:blink: (sans stupid)

And isn't that the main goal? Keeping DCA from becoming a pera historic thread topic...