Official GLASSMEN 2009 Thread

Thank You. Do you know when they are to arrive in Decatur In.? Is there anything the Glassmen need that I could bring like paper towels, cups or anything like that?

Dean

Heck, just bring it, anyway. If they don't need it, it's not like you can't use it. :tongue:

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You. Do you know when they are to arrive in Decatur In.? Is there anything the Glassmen need that I could bring like paper towels, cups or anything like that?

Dean

Tour book says ETA at housing site is 5-6am. As for needs, I'm not with them but know from experience that anything is appreciated. We go through a lot of paper products in a day.

i do know on a hot day they like ice

Heck, just bring it, anyway. If they don't need it, it's not like you can't use it. :tongue:
I have yet to see the Glassmen refuse anything not that it's a bad thing , it takes alot of stuff to make this corps run ! Dean Paper products are right at the top of the list ! Of course MONEY is the #1 .

Sounds great. I will bring what I can The last info. I have is that they will be staying at Bellmont Middle School. Is this still the plan?

Dean

That's what the tour book says and I haven't heard anything different

The GLASSMEN will NOT be at Bellmont HS tomorrow!!!! They will be at Bluffton High School, in Bluffton, Indiana! This housing site changed recently - just wanted to let everyone know!

Also, the housing sites are back up on the website for the rest of tour. If in doubt, though, just ask around :)

Brian just released a very heartfelt letter on the website. Go read it!

On the road and looking forward!

BH is one of the most inspirational and emotional speakers i have ever met.

I spent a nice Sunday afternoon with the Glassmen. The best part was making peace with Brian.

A Shout-Out goes to the Bluffton parents Booster Club ( If I got the name wrong I am sorry.) I met the parents of a Rookie who is from Bluffton. If the said Rookie is reading this. I have to tell you.. Your Mom and Dad are GOOD PEOPLE. But you must know that by now. :worthy: Anyways they wanted to do something special for the Glassmen Family. They came up with an Idea of having a Ice Cream Bar. They made a phone call to one of their friends to see if they could bake a cake or cookies. The next thing you know one phone call lead to another to another and another and from what I seen the Ice Cream/cake bar that was put together by these parents could rival any Ice Cream Store. No, I did not eat any. What a great jester from these good people. So my theory is the reason the Glassmen scored well that same night was not because of the great changes that were made to the Show. The true reason was the Ice Cream Cookie Bar. :worthy:

I was lucky to meet Alan who marched in 96 skipped 97 and marched 98. I think he was in the Mello section. His brother marched Cavis. He will be with the Glassmen until July 6 or 7th. Stop by and say hello if you go to a Glassmen housing site during this time. 09 is the first time he came back to the Glassmen after 10 years. He just happened to be on the bus that had the mishap. He told me for whatever reason he woke up just in time to react to what was happening. It truly was an Experience of a Lifetime for him. We had a good laugh over that. (in a good way)

Please remember that for many of us that are returning have been away for 5, 10, 15. 20 and in some cases 30+ years and we know no one. . And I know many Alumni have never met Brian in person.

So let me tell you it is very scary for some coming back. My nerves almost got the best of me. If it were not for the snow storm and driving back in that storm I would of never have entered Gwest. Alum have told me that they if fact made it to the Gwest parking lot and their nerves got the best of them, never got out of the car, and went home. There were more Alumni at the Bluffton housing site then I thought I have talked to Kevin over the computer for years. Yet Kevin was 10 feet from me and I never knew it.(I am sure this was a blessing for Kevin) Some Alum have emailed me saying they may be visiting a housing site and giving money or time. I would suggest that there be a place where Alumni can sign in, relax and catch their breaths. At the sign in there would be a blurb or something like: All the Alumni present today will meet in front of the school by the big tree at 1:00pm. Where new friends will be made and or new energy created in old friendships. Or at a Show have a sign in with a different blurb about meeting after the Show somewhere or something like that at the suvi trailer. Alumni really do want to meet other Alumni. The best part of my idea. It cost no money.

Matt- I really like what you are doing by keeping the Alumni informed and motivating the Alumni. Thank you for taking your time and doing what you are doing for the Glassmen Alumni. For those that do not know, Matt was the Dm for what 3 years? I know 04 and 05 for sure. Not sure about 03. Do you still have the video you made for your media class about the Glassmen?

Thom Brock Sr- Thank You for what you are doing for the Alumni. Thom is a founding member of the Maumee Suns. It is so cool having Family members from the 60's, 70's,80's 90's and 00 coming together to support the Current Glassmen Org. and the 09 Glassmen Show the Journey of One. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Please Donate

We are a Family of One

Dean

PS You can really tell the 09 family members are really growing into their Show. And they have indeed created their own identity.