Reading Buccaneers

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t wait for the show, my only problem with going to Reading is I’m at the practice field all day long and I still come home with credit card bills from the outlets.

I have to leave the wife home this year.

Hey, Al, just do what my husband does--make your wife drive an equipment truck, then there's no normal size vehicle to drive to go shopping.

Thanks for the kind words, Don. It's always nice to have our friends from across the border join us (sorry about the Pa. Dutch jargon--it sounds normal to me!).

• 1 month later...

Just two short weeks away!

Last regular season contest before DCA championships.

Shenandoah Sound

White Sabers

Fusion Core

Grenadiers

Crusaders

Caballeros

Buccaneers

Plus exhibition performances by the New York Skyliners Alumni and the Reading Buccaneers Alumni.

Shirk Stadium

Albright College

Reading, PA

August 29

7 p.m.

Big Sounds in Motion website

Crusaders are looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks, Tom! We were "Baked twice over" after saturdays and sundays 90 plus temps and humidity levels, so you think you can put in the word to have nicer weather in Reading Please?? :thumbup:

The Bucaneers are absolutely AMAZING :thumbup: and thoroughly enjoyed the show last night!! :thumbup:

One Problem: I had neck strain after trying to follow different sections thru the whole show! Got to see this again.....and again...!! Percussion folks were making my ticker race as I don't think they stopped running thru the drill sets more than 10 seconds during the whole show! Throwing down serious notes the whole show! Tenor feature.......YEAH, BABY! Throw em if you got em!

Brass Line was the first that proved that it IS possible to be really loud and in tune with Bb instrumentation!! And very beautiful and dramatic in the soft passages of the ballad! Thanks for that !

Color Guard! Splash and sizzle! WOW! folks just have to see for themselves, but.....WOW!

Great design and execution by the Blue Team !! Go BUCS!!

Come see this folks! It is a Thing of Beauty!!! :ph34r:

That's quite a compliment, Gary. Thank you! Our staff has put together a fantastic show and our members are working their tails off to perform it at the highest possible level. More rehearsal this weekend.

We're looking forward to having the Crusaders join us again this year. And five other fine competing drum corps!

Last year we had standing room only. This year? Make sure you get your butt in a seat! Get your tickets today.

You'll see and hear seven competing corps at the top of their game with but a week to go before championships. You'll also delight in the unique and classic sound of the Skyliners Alumni and take a trip down memory lane with the Buccaneers Alumni as they perform Buccaneers classics from each of the last 5 decades.

Albright College.

Shirk Stadium.

August 29.

7 p.m.

Drum corps.

Live.

Loud.

In your face.

Join us!

Edited by TomMoore

The Crusaders look forward to heading down to Reading for the show!

Tom- You think you could turn on the outdoor air conditioner ? A good 70 degrees will work.

Amazing show, BUCS. Was a pleasure to stand in front of that hornline (I'm partial) Saturday evening at your victory concert!

See you soon!

Dave

Hey Golde (the 'e' is pronounced 'a') good to see your post AND all the positive comments on BIG BLUE.

I'll be there and will catch up with you. Talked with your folks in Bridgeport, but you didn't make the trip.

I'll make a special sacrifice to the Scrapple god for great weather, so prepare for it.

J

Crusaders are looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks, Tom! We were "Baked twice over" after saturdays and sundays 90 plus temps and humidity levels, so you think you can put in the word to have nicer weather in Reading Please?? :thumbup:

The Bucaneers are absolutely AMAZING :thumbup: and thoroughly enjoyed the show last night!! :thumbup:

One Problem: I had neck strain after trying to follow different sections thru the whole show! Got to see this again.....and again...!! Percussion folks were making my ticker race as I don't think they stopped running thru the drill sets more than 10 seconds during the whole show! Throwing down serious notes the whole show! Tenor feature.......YEAH, BABY! Throw em if you got em!

Brass Line was the first that proved that it IS possible to be really loud and in tune with Bb instrumentation!! And very beautiful and dramatic in the soft passages of the ballad! Thanks for that !

Color Guard! Splash and sizzle! WOW! folks just have to see for themselves, but.....WOW!

Great design and execution by the Blue Team !! Go BUCS!!

Come see this folks! It is a Thing of Beauty!!! :ph34r:

always excited to return to Albright. I have loved that place since 1990