Synthesizers in drum corps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im into animal rights, so please dont beat the Dead Horse! :smile: :smile: :smile::devil: people are sour with DCI ever since switching to Bb. No offense to anyone its time to move on it has been for 9 years. IMO Bb is a much nicer, clearer, in tune. The days are over of over playing and being out of tune, and no blending....also the days are over of flanking, and always being in a straight line.... time to move on! :thumbup::smile:

Edited by Josiahsop08

What "data" do you want?

These kind of things are discussed individually between corps and manufacturers.

There's no website to point you to because it doesn't exist.

One person posts hard data and you posted "I know". I think I will stick with the data on this one.

One person posts hard data and you posted "I know". I think I will stick with the data on this one.

Yet you had no problem believe the guy who claimed that Phantom's scores went up after they added amps. He had no data either.

Yet you had no problem believe the guy who claimed that Phantom's scores went up after they added amps. He had no data either.

Nice cross thread post! He had data, no proof, but apparently you didn't read the part about patterns becoming evidence. Shocker...

"He" is a pronoun, and you could be using it to refer to Alan or to the guy who made an unsubstantiated claim about Phantom's drum score. However, you chose to believe the latter but not the former. Why?

Whatever floats your boat, dude.

When the financial aspects of buying horns becomes something more than a rhetorical football for you, you'll find I'm right.

Let me post something from 1997 Mr Peter Bond

Peter Bond

* "Bb trumpets and multi-key brasses would be less expensive."

Here's the Kanstul price list for G bugles as of 12/04/97:

Soprano $500

"Powerbore" sop 550

Mellophone 625

Baritone 825

Baritone "Grande" 875

Euphonium 1995

5/4 Contra (no case)4995

A top-of-the-line Bb trumpet will start around $1200 and go up. The "Marching Brass"

middle-voice instruments seem comparably priced with their bugle counterparts. I don't have the

convertible tuba prices in front of me right now, but they are easy to obtain. Work it out. Keep in

mind that to be competitive, no corps (with the money) is going to buy student model

instruments if something better is available. What is now one of the remaining areas of

competition with a "level playing field" for the both the major powers and the lesser

corps-hornline instrumentation-will tilt toward the guys with the cash. Judging critiques would

become a nightmare.

"He" is a pronoun, and you could be using it to refer to Alan or to the guy who made an unsubstantiated claim about Phantom's drum score. However, you chose to believe the latter but not the former. Why?

Evidence and data. It called the real world and not living in fantasy world. It's called an emerging pattern.

Why don't you post in the original thread regarding this topic rather than being a troll?

Evidence and data. It called the real world and not living in fantasy world. It's called an emerging pattern.

Why don't you post in the original thread regarding this topic rather than being a troll?

The question "why?" has still not been answered, nor addressed.

I'm not sure what you're getting at as far as the 'original thread' statement. I only have to go back a couple pages in this thread to find the discussion regarding Phantom's 2005 scores, a claim which you accepted at face value.