OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

The real question is, how long can the Scouts stay out of the top 12 and still be viable? At some point, potential members will look at the fact that the Scouts are no longer a top 12 corps and go elsewhere. I don't want that to happen, but it is something that certainly the administrative staff have got to be concerned about.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troopers pulled off old school, maybe it's time to get back to the roots.

n1059715640_233397_6945.jpg

It wasn't "swagger", it was pure confidence.

This look, alone, probably would have landed the Scouts in finals this year. I am confident they will be back in the mix next year...and not just for 12th either.

I don't see anything immature or classless in what I said, maybe my joking around at the end??? I did slightly edit my post to make sure everything was in the right spot.... but it's all still the same.... it is just a statement of my opinion of the Madison Scouts. My opinions are created by actions of the Madison Scouts which I know to be true.

As an alumni of the Scouts (you) I would think you would be upset more at the current members than at me for my opinion, which is obviously their fault for me having.

An opinion shared by many people in the drum corps community.

Didn't know having an opinion was classless and immature...

I would like my opinion changed though......

I think the dead horse has been beaten into the ground at this point....and enough of the over-hyped angst already. Kids/young adults do stupid things...and often. It always takes two to tango...and I expect that to be the case here. So, enough already. The Scouts will take care of this issue one way or the other. They are doing the classy thing by not taking matters public.

so is it too early to start the OFFICIAL 2010 Madison Scouts Thread?

I don't think there should be ANY "official" corps threads. The moderators are too reluctant to shut them down when they run off the rails, as this one did several weeks ago.

DCP needs to be careful that their forums don't turn into rumor mills. A rumor is nothing more than a personal attack against an entire group. If personal attacks are off-limits, then rumors should be also.

(Well, to get away from the whole clothes caper for a minute)......I'm sure this has been answered b4 but what is the average age in the Scouts this year. The kids seemed younger to me, just from a glance. I always remembered the Scouts as having some of the "older kids" in the activity but that seems to have went down of recent. (Perhaps I'm just getting older so everyone looks younger to me)...Oh, and I'm asking this in relationship to how it impacts show product with no reference to the stealing of the crossmens underwear.

This brings up another question... was it really someone from Madison who pulled this stunt, or someone else entirely? If you were from Madison, would you really take a Crossmen uniform and put it out in the open on your own bus? Secondary to this is the matter of bus security - why weren't they locked up, or at least being watched?

Its called stupidity.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director of the Madison Scouts has addressed this problem with a corps meeting in INDY and here in public on DCP.

OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread page 119.

He is addressing the problem .

TIME TO MOVE ON.

Chris Komnick Executive Director of the Madison Scouts has addressed this problem with a corps meeting in INDY and here in public on DCP. OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread page 119.

He is addressing the problem .

TIME TO MOVE ON.

Yes, agreed, it's time to move on. So WHY are you quoting a comment from Page 120 here (on Page 122) if you aren't trying to stir the pot once again? :unhappy:

Scouts could and probably should go inactive for a season,recoup get their bankroll built up then make a run for it.

Nope, disagreed with this in another thread and disagree with it here. The main reason Troop had to take a season off is because they were experiencing serious financial woes. Scouts are not going through the same scenario; their competitive status may not be what many of us would like, but they've taken care of the debt load and do a good job of taking care of the corps members. So taking a year off would be counterproductive. All they need to do -- and this is no easy feat, mind you -- is put together a creative team that can give this corps the show it deserves. The issue this year wasn't the talent level of the corps; they did their absolute best with what they were given. So give them a show that meets that talent level, and good things are sure to follow.

Any corps going inactive for a year if they don't have to is a bad idea. Unless they will fold if they go another season they need to be active. I don't know about their financial situation, but I'm pretty sure they are in the same boat as most corps... which is surviving from year to year by making smart business decisions. Having not seen their show, only heard about it, it sounds like they were a talented corps with a sub par show... so maybe have some people on the creative team or staff take a year or so off.

not defending, confirming or denying any of this terribly naughty behavior...but it's worth pointing out

1. There was definitely more than one incident of "uniform exchange" this season. Another such incident happened between Cavaliers and BD.

2. there were probably..and this is a conservative estimate..a few hundred incidents of one corps "taunting" another this season

3. Anyone who believes or promotes the idea that all of the poor behavior was on Madison's part is obviously biased and completely lacking in credibility.

1. Yes, the member who did the "uniform exchange" was kicked out of the corps.

2. Of course... some were probably "friendly banter" while others were rude. It happens... from middle school until you're older. Heck, they have a penalty for it in the NFL. It's a part of life.

3. It takes two to tango...

On to the 2009 Scouts... for the third year in a row (I started following DCI in '06), I was greatly entertained by your corps. Thanks for continuing to go out on the field and entertain the crowd. I'm looking forward to what you guys put on the field next year. :unhappy: