Memories and Condolences

Calling hours for Bruce will be this Sunday from 2PM to 4PM and from 7PM to 9PM at the following location:

Gilmartin Funeral Home

329 West Main Street

Batavia, NY (585) 343-8260

Funeral services will be held on Monday morning, location to be provided shortly.

Bruce's Family along with the entire Brigadier family would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers during this difficult time.

Thank you all again.....

Edited by RAM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on DCP in quite some time, but when I heard the sad, sad news of Bruce's passing, I wanted to feel a connection with my Brigadiers family.

Bruce always had a smile to offer, even when things weren't going well. He always had the time to pat you on the back and let you know you were working hard and doing a good job. Bruce wanted to know how you were doing, and really listened when you answered. I remember when I brought my newborn daughter to Brigadiers rehearsal for the first and Bruce greeted her as if he were a proud grandpa.

My heart is with my Brigs family and my condolences to Bruce's family. Bruce will be looking down on the corps from his place of peace in heaven.

Enjoy your much-deserved rest Bruce.

Mary Lass Eberling

Can't speak right now... Just got the horrible news...

But Rick M. and Mary-Lass, you are so right! I share the exact same thoughts.

RIP Bruce, we already miss you!

Calling hours Sunday, May 31 2-4 and 7-=9 PM at

Gilmartin Funeral Home

333 W Main St

Batavia

The memorial service will be Monday June 1 at 11:00 AM atFirst Presbyterian Church

300 East Main Batavia

PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN LOCATION FOR THE MEMORIAL FROM THAT LISTED IN SOME OBITUARIES!!!A reception will follow in the church fellowship hall.Please feel free to bring photos or other memoriabilia to share.Bruce's biggest concern throughout this experience was that our mother would not be able to stay in their home. In lieu of flowers, we are asking that contributions be made to a fund being set up to maintain Mom here. It will be used solely to offset costs of her housing. Contributions can be sent to Dave McCreadyc/o M Mccready 14 Ellicott Ave Batavia NY 14020

Submitted by the McCready Family 5/29/09

SoCal Dream sends their condolences to the family.

RIP Bruce

Condolences and prayers from our family to Bruce's family and friends. This brings back so many emotions - I know the drum corps community will surround the McCready family with their amazing love and support. I can't help but think that Rick was right there smiling to meet Bruce and put him right to work. The drum book must be finished and it was time for the drill in this great drum corps that is being formed in heaven. God must have some plan because both are gone much too soon.

Many prayers coming your way.

Cheryl, Josh and Sara Rogers

Here is to one of the gentlemen of drum corps! Rest in peace old friend.

Dear Bruce,

you meant a great deal to me and I will miss you. You were always a steadying force, a gentle giant in an activity where drama seems to thrive. Your professionalism, sensitivity, and compassion was, and will remain an inspiriation. I hope in my life I can be a mentor to at least one person in the way you have been to so many. Your legacy and influence will live on for a very long time. I am humbled and honored to have been your student, friend, and colleague.

In many ways you were a serrogate father. Anyone who has marched has stories from their "summers". As so many young men do I often resented your rules which seemed so out of place in a drum corps world "Don't cuss", "be polite", "say thank you". Yet these are the lessons that have stuck with me and I now see that it takes a strong man to stand firm on something seemingly small, yet vitally important to the growing and maturing of youth.

I will always have the lessons and memories you gave me. You will always have my respect, gratitude, and love.

God Bless You Bruce

Mason

well said Mason...

I'm just getting ready to leave for the funeral... yesterday was wall to wall drum corps, band and color guard people... his family was overwhelmed... and I even got a shock as I found out that he was OLDER than me... talk about never showing his age... and I've known him closely for at least 35 years.

Rest in peace old friend...