Official 2009 Crossmen Thread

Now, that is smokin hot! :tongue:

Check out the timpani player on the left...with the towel/shirt on his shoulders, that is my son.

This was the one stop my son was dreading...Oklahoma which was also super hot last year, he's so glad the corps is only stopping there ONE time this year..today was the day and it is over...now moving north to cooler temperatures...hopefully.

Edited by heyjude1202

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean "style" and not "philosophy".

The Crossmen have changed their music style many times in their history.

GOOD MUSIC

What? Russian, Birdland, Born to Be Wild, First Circle, and Eye of the Tiger aren't all the same musical style? Not to mention School for Scandal...

I didn't enjoy School for Scandal for drum corps. Fits and starts everywhere. But I love it for orchestra.

That having been said, you can never please anyone. Ever. SCV this year is a case in point.

I have even seen people posting that they don't get what the big deal was over Spartacus last year.

Let me just conclude by saying that I hate every single corps design out there. I could have done it so much better. In fact, they should fire everyone who writes music and drill for DCI and hire me to write for the Crossmen and every single corps. Then every corps would tie for 1st with 100.0s. DCI would be more popular than the NFL, the NBA, and American Idol combined. The kindergartens would be empty in six years because every single person in America would have thrown their babies from the top row at the Crossmen and every other corps.

Thank you.

Edited by mfrontz

I didn't enjoy School for Scandal for drum corps. Fits and starts everywhere. But I love it for orchestra.

That having been said, you can never please anyone. Ever. SCV this year is a case in point.

I have even seen people posting that they don't get what the big deal was over Spartacus last year.

Let me just conclude by saying that I hate every single corps design out there. I could have done it so much better. In fact, they should fire everyone who writes music and drill for DCI and hire me to write for the Crossmen and every single corps. Then every corps would tie for 1st with 100.0s. DCI would be more popular than the NFL, the NBA, and American Idol combined. The kindergartens would be empty in six years because every single person in America would have thrown their babies from the top row at the Crossmen and every other corps.

Thank you.

So what your saying is you can write drill better than Michael Gaines and are better arranger than Key Poulan. Yeah right. :tongue:

If you have nothing but negative things to say and want to fight with alumni on here, please open your own thread.

Out of respect to the Crossmen members and alumni of our corps, please do not turn this "Official Crossmen Thread" into a corps bashing for your own enjoyment.

Crossmen do not deserve that.

Thank you.

Edited by xbones7480

When the Crossmen moved to S.A., I was simply a band parent, learning about B.O.A. Three spring trainings, and 2 full competition tours later, I've learned a little about the Drum Corps. These are THE CROSSMEN, full of pride in both their history and their future. They may not look or sound like Crossmen of old; but I hope anyone who reads this cannot honestly believe they themselves haven't changed in the past 35 + or - years. I hope for your own sake you have. These kids embrace what began for them almost two generations ago....they know more history of the Crossmen than they do of Watergate, the Hostage Crisis , of Ronald Reagan, Gulf War I, Cinton's impeachment, and for some, maybe even 9-11.

Those who say they aren't Crossmen, remind me of song, sung by a well know North Easterner, "Glory Days". The staff philosophy has not changed, and the music is great! They are both a part of the 21st century....please come join us!!!!

I believe these kids, across the board, are farther along then the two preceding years. They are more talented, more experienced, and most importantly, I believe they are hungry! The music show cases their talent to play more than just loud. The drill demands conditioning I suspect none of the Corps of 30 years ago had. Compared to what I have seen the past two years, I believe this show can make the finals. It will need, and receive, adjustments, additions and deletions. I have seen this staff adjust the show the last two seasons, and by the time we were in Pasadena, and Indianapolis, the product was tenfold better than the preview. With the talent, experience and dedication of these Crossmen (staff included) I believe they will suprise a lot of people.

GO BONES!

If you have nothing but negative things to say and want to fight with alumni on here, please open your own thread.

Out of respect to the Crossmen members and alumni of our corps, please do not turn this "Official Crossmen Thread" into a corps bashing for your own enjoyment.

Crossmen do not deserve that.

Thank you.

Who are you directing your post to?

If it was directed to me, I take it back. I was trying to go for sarcasm (that many people come on DCP and think they could express 'Crossmen' better or arrange or write better stuff), and it obviously didn't work. Sorry for any offense given.