Surprise Corps

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're just looking at interesting story-lines for this season:

Who, if anyone, new breaks into the Top 10 in Open Class? Last year you had a small spread between Cru, MCL, and Alliance. Does the power shift south?

Do Brass and Hurcs maintain their momentum from last year?

Bucc's go 4 in a row?

Bush top 5?

Class A top 3?

CV and Renegades move up with changes in equipment/uniform?

Who, if anyone, new breaks into the Top 10 in Open Class? Last year you had a small spread between Cru, MCL, and Alliance. Does the power shift south?

Do Brass and Hurcs maintain their momentum from last year?

Bucc's go 4 in a row?

Bush top 5?

Class A top 3?

CV and Renegades move up with changes in equipment/uniform?

Good points... all very interesting, except the one with the Bucs. They've already won 4 in a row :lol:

Okay, 5 in a row. :lol:

Okay, 5 in a row. :lol:

Ha!

Don't leave Kilties out.They have been there before and are hungry for it.I suspect they will be strong in the hunt.

Don't leave Kilties out.They have been there before

When Ed? Really ~ it's been over 10 years now.

and are hungry for it.I suspect they will be strong in the hunt.

I've been hearing how hungry they are year after year. The closest IMO they came to actually breaking through was 2005. Even then, without the tragedy that occurred, they weren't "in the hunt", they were "eh are they good enough to make the top 10??"

I could be wrong and maybe it is their year to come storming back into the top 10, but my gut instinct tells me it's not going to happen.

Despite any "rumors" mentioned here about numbers being down...., the open class corps from last year, IMO, will not disappoint.

A few less in the brass or battery won't keep any of them from being competitve or entertaining. PLUS, with Alliance and MCL returning with another year of experience and improvement, (and possibly MORE numbers) and the Kilties bringing a large corps again....I doubt that open class will be hurting... or boring.

The only dissapointment is that there are not more corps growing into Open Class. (Alliance moving up does help a lot, IMO :lol: ) But, this just isn't the evironment for it... maybe next year.

Edited by brassomaniac

I wonder if the economy was better if we would be seeing more Class A corps become Open Class this year? I certainly wasn't implying that Open Class will be boring, but that some corps may find themselves in different locations competitively at the end of the season. Some corps are smaller, but there are several that are much larger! :lol:

When Ed? Really ~ it's been over 10 years now.

I've been hearing how hungry they are year after year. The closest IMO they came to actually breaking through was 2005. Even then, without the tragedy that occurred, they weren't "in the hunt", they were "eh are they good enough to make the top 10??"

I could be wrong and maybe it is their year to come storming back into the top 10, but my gut instinct tells me it's not going to happen.

Well this is the Dark Horse thread is it not. :lol: